Canadian Girls storm London...!

crazymama

DIS Veteran
Okay... that was a bit dramatic. But... I am so excited that I have decided to take my then DD17 to London July 2017 for a mother/daughter Graduation trip. I realize that I am well over a year out but am so thrilled! We are huge theatre buffs and want to perhaps stay in the vicinity of the West End. There are SO many hotels that it is overwhelming. Any kind Londoners out there with hotel suggestions? Just need access to the Tube fairly easily... other than that I'm not too fussy! Thanks! (I love London... have been a few times in the past and cannot wait to introduce my daughter to it! Always stayed with friends before. Unfortunately that is no longer possible...)

You can't go wrong with the Premier Inn chain of hotels. Leicester Square Premier Inn would put you at the heart of the action but you could easily save money by looking a bit further afield and using the Tube to get around.

You can't go wrong with the Premier Inn chain of hotels. Leicester Square Premier Inn would put you at the heart of the action but you could easily save money by looking a bit further afield and using the Tube to get around.
Thanks for the tip! I looked at it's website. Looks great!

Agreed, I wouldn't stay in central London, you'd be paying for tube travel so as long as you don't go out of the TfL zones you can stay for cheaper.

Agreed, I wouldn't stay in central London, you'd be paying for tube travel so as long as you don't go out of the TfL zones you can stay for cheaper.

I wasn't saying I wouldn't stay in central London, just not necessarily at the pricier locations. We like the Tower Bridge area, still central London but not as expensive and just as easy to get around, plus a nice location.

I wasn't saying I wouldn't stay in central London, just not necessarily at the pricier locations. We like the Tower Bridge area, still central London but not as expensive and just as easy to get around, plus a nice location.
Theres the potential to save a fortune by staying somewhere in Zone 2, visitors to our office (Fenchurch St, almost Tower Hill/Bridge) from other offices will often stay in Zone 2 (think Limehouse, Aldgate or even Hoxton or Shorditch) to save alot of money. For the West End, staying further up towards Euston or Baker St, could save more money than staying in Leicester Sq or anywhere in Theatreland :)

Thanks for the input! I will plug those districts into my search for our hotel! I agree that as long as we can grab the tube we are minutes away from anywhere really!

Thanks for the input! I will plug those districts into my search for our hotel! I agree that as long as we can grab the tube we are minutes away from anywhere really!
Sometimes it's just as quick to walk somewhere than walk to a station, walk through a station and wait for a train then take the train.

I had an interview for a job yesterday, and the time difference from my current workplace was only 2 mins different to walk, you then get to see more of the city.

Sometimes it's just as quick to walk somewhere than walk to a station, walk through a station and wait for a train then take the train.

I had an interview for a job yesterday, and the time difference from my current workplace was only 2 mins different to walk, you then get to see more of the city.
I agree! I love to see a city that way. New York City is probably my favourite walking city. I have put miles on there. Good exercise too to balance out the vacation caloric intake. :rolleyes1

Wonderful!! I took my DD ( both of them ) to London a few times and now the youngest just left NYC and has moved to London! Maybe want the smartest thing I ever did giving her a taste ..sigh ...
I'm in Canada too ..what a great mum daughter trip!

Wonderful!! I took my DD ( both of them ) to London a few times and now the youngest just left NYC and has moved to London! Maybe want the smartest thing I ever did giving her a taste ..sigh ...
I'm in Canada too ..what a great mum daughter trip!
Awwww thanks for the vote of confidence! I am so excited about doing this with my DD16!! I want to broaden her life focus!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter