Can you use someone else's AAA card number for the discount?

bxrlvr

Earning My Ears
Is getting the AAA discount just like using a discount code? or do they verify who the cardholder is when you check-in?

Thanks

Hi bxrlover!

I do believe that you should be ready to show a valid AAA card when you check in to get your discount.

They even want to see the AAA card for the tiny AAA discount when I get my oil changed, so be prepared to show the card.

That's what I thought, and you can't buy tickets with the AAA discount unless you buy them through your local AAA office I believe, which means you have to have a card. Looks like we'll be getting AAA then, but as an 'add on' to my mother's policy, see they charge $65 for the basic membership but if you 'add on' then it is only $35--big difference.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

when I booked a room with AAA they verified the rate for me without the number but then wanted the number for the computer. I have a membership, but the card was in the other room :D

AAA is well worth the money, IMHO. It gives me $4.50 movie tickets, disney tix discount, room discount (although I'm hoping for better rates), 20% off my drycleaning, and MAPS, MAPS, MAPS!! Also, they've towed my car more times than I should admit! And then there was the time that I locked my keys in the car, in New Mexico, in the middle of nowhere. It took a while, but they sent someone to help me out.

I think you can only add on people to a AAA membership if they live in the same household. At least that's what we were told when we added college age DD on to ours. If she had been older or living elsewhere on her own, we would not have been able to add her.

I'm not sure if this is specific to AAA midatlantic but I read on their web site that AAA does not give discounts on Multi-day hopper passes. Our savings after purchasing the membership wouldn't be worth it, our van already has roadside assistance and our insurance too, so actually we are double covered already.

Then you MIGHT want to consider a membership in the DC, bxrlvr. You can save about 5% on your admissions with this. And then your can get 10% off of at the Disney Store year round. You can also get 10% off at the World of Disney when you are at WDW (purchases of $75 or more). And you will get a discount at Disney Resorts, depending on your time of travel, and availability.
Just something to think of...

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter