Can you sell the Canadian Resident tickets?

If you booked a FD package I believe you likely lost the discounted tickets because FD requires rack rate room and non-discounted tickets.
No I had both rooms and both tickets on MDE. My TA did the first booking, I guess neither of us knew about booking the tickets and the room at the same time made them a package. I booked the FD offer (with hoppers) and then transferred it to her since I knew she wasn't going to be up at 4am or earlier to see if FD dropped.

Apparently even a supervisor couldn't get me the Canadian Tickets. Once my TA cancelled the room, they go with it.

No I had both rooms and both tickets on MDE. My TA did the first booking, I guess neither of us knew about booking the tickets and the room at the same time made them a package. I booked the FD offer (with hoppers) and then transferred it to her since I knew she wasn't going to be up at 4am or earlier to see if FD dropped.

Apparently even a supervisor couldn't get me the Canadian Tickets. Once my TA cancelled the room, they go with it.
Had you paid in full for the tickets or just added them to a room ressie that you could make payments on?

They were added to the room.
What I mean is..did you buy the tickets separate and they were fully paid for separately and your travel agent added those purchased tickets to mde along with your room booking? I'm sorry you lost your tickets but your TA should have known how the Canadian tickets worked, what makes a package, how it's billed differently at Disney, etc. So if you had wanted to have Canadian tickets for a future trip you could have purchased them separately and still have them.

I'm glad the actual transfer process is as simple as I anticipated. We too look like we are going to have a set of resident tickets to sell. Fortunately I paid for them with a prepaid visa with my name on it, so I will be able to close the account and provide the hard card with the sale for the buyer to show at the ticket window ... Has anyone had any success selling tix?

I'm glad the actual transfer process is as simple as I anticipated. We too look like we are going to have a set of resident tickets to sell. Fortunately I paid for them with a prepaid visa with my name on it, so I will be able to close the account and provide the hard card with the sale for the buyer to show at the ticket window ... Has anyone had any success selling tix?

Sounds like that would work? Not necessarily easy to find a buyer though as they would have little recourse if there were problems once they get down to Orlando.

I am actually going down in August (using different tickets) and plan to exchange my voucher for actual tickets. Even if I have to assign them to my family right now, it should be easier to transfer to someone else once they are real tickets. I think. It's hard because these tickets require proof of residency.

So just so you know, you can NOT transfer the Canadian resident tickets. I called and they are non-transferable. The ONLY way you can transfer them is if you travel with the party you are transferring to, as they MUST be activated in person by the purchaser. They have an exclusion on them that regular tickets don't. So hopefully you haven't sold them yet.

So, just to update what I learned from calling Disney. For the Canadian Resident tickets:

- The Canadian resident tickets MUST be activated in person by the purchaser. This means that they are more or less non-transferable as the only way you can transfer them to someone on MDE, is if you are going to be physically present at the ticket window with the recipients to activate the tickets.

Last edited:
So, just to update what I learned from calling Disney. For the Canadian Resident tickets:

- Once you redeem the vouchers for hard tickets at Customer service, they have an expiry date. You can not go there, redeem the vouchers for tickets, and then hold onto the tickets until the 2030 expiry date.

That's great to know. Thank you for the information since I have vouchers and I was wondering if I should exchange them for tickets in 3 weeks when we will visit a WDW resort but not the parks (we don't have a park visit planned yet). With this info, I think I will keep my vouchers safe at home and wait until I have an actual trip planned with 5 park days to exchange them...

- Once you redeem the vouchers for hard tickets at Customer service, they have an expiry date. You can not go there, redeem the vouchers for tickets, and then hold onto the tickets until the 2030 expiry date.

Wow - this I didn't expect. Seems crazy when they clearly sold them to us as tickets that don't expire (I have emails and screenshots of online chats). I will ask again when I get there in August in case it's a matter of CMs having different answers. Might as well have more data points.

- The Canadian resident tickets MUST be activated in person by the purchaser. This means that they are more or less non-transferable as the only way you can transfer them to someone on MDE, is if you are going to be physically present at the ticket window with the recipients to activate the tickets. They will NOT be able to activate the tickets without you.

Actually...Yes you can hold them until the expiry date of 2030 once you redeem them! I did this back in June and I have no intention on using the ticket for several years as I currently have an AP! I went to guest relations at Disney Springs with my Canadian voucher and passport in June and exchanged it for my hard ticket and have it linked in MDE with an expiration of 12/31/30. I even transferred it to a fake person (well actually my dog's name) in MDE so that it doesn't accidentally get used until I want to use it!

Actually...Yes you can hold them until the expiry date of 2030 once you redeem them! I did this back in June and I have no intention on using the ticket for several years as I currently have an AP! I went to guest relations at Disney Springs with my Canadian voucher and passport in June and exchanged it for my hard ticket and have it linked in MDE with an expiration of 12/31/30. I even transferred it to a fake person (well actually my dog's name) in MDE so that it doesn't accidentally get used until I want to use it!

Did you have your vouchers linked to MDE before the exchange or you linked the actual tickets?

Mine were linked. Maybe that's the difference?

Just checked with my friend who is there now and exchanged her voucher yesterday, hers was linked before she exchanged for the the actual ticket and hers is also showing 2030 as an expiration date in MDE. She doesn't plan on using her tickets for a few more years.

I wouldn't rely too much on phone CMs as far an expiration date of tickets go.

I wonder how this will work for the Canadian resident tickets through airmiles. Will one of my family members be able to redeem the voucher I ordered off of am if I'm not there?

I wonder how this will work for the Canadian resident tickets through airmiles. Will one of my family members be able to redeem the voucher I ordered off of am if I'm not there?

No. The purchaser MUST redeem them. It doesn't matter where you bought them, it's still the same ticket.

Just checked with my friend who is there now and exchanged her voucher yesterday, hers was linked before she exchanged for the the actual ticket and hers is also showing 2030 as an expiration date in MDE. She doesn't plan on using her tickets for a few more years.

I wouldn't rely too much on phone CMs as far an expiration date of tickets go.

Yeah I edited my post to take out the wrong information. I didn't ask Disney that question (should have worded my post better), just about transfer/redemption etc.. The other (expiry) I was (erroneously) told by someone else who had been there.

If you have the little green vouchers that you received from AM you should be good to go with just your proof of residency. No one asked to see my credit card that I made the purchase with when we redeemed for our tickets (tickets were linked to my MDE). If you have the little green vouchers you don't need anything that says who purchased them just your Canadian ID to prove your residency is all they want to see. Disney's fine print might say that you need it but no front line person is going to care enough to ask for it.

People "give" tickets to others all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter