Can you request a DAS return time during morning EMH?

Mamabun

Mouseketeer
I'm afraid the phrase 'getting a return time' is a bit ambiguous to me, so I'm not sure if I've seen the response to this or not. I apologize if it's already answered somewhere I've looked.

Here's the scenario I'm curious about. We go to morning EMH, say 7-8am at Hollywood Studios for the new Toy Story Land. Before 8am none of the fastpass lines are open, so I assume we can't use DAS. But I was wondering, can we go ahead and request a return time during the morning EMH? So go up to the Slinky Dog exit at 7:15am, and assuming the line is 2 hours 10mins, get a return time for 2 hours from then, so return after 9:15am, when fastpass lines will be open. Or do I need to wait until 8am, when the park officially opens, to even ask for a return time?

I hope that makes sense, and thanks in advance.

I have done just this a number of times and sometimes my return time has been before the park opens for off-site guest and I have never had a problem going in the FP line when my return time is up.

most of the time you do not go to the Exit (their normally is no CM at the exit) to ask for a return time you go to either the FP line or standby line to ask for a DAS return time

Thank you, that's very helpful. I'm anticipating chaos at TSL, but it's a must do, so just trying to plan and organize, to limit our sensory sensitive one's exposure.

Thank you, that's very helpful. I'm anticipating chaos at TSL, but it's a must do, so just trying to plan and organize, to limit our sensory sensitive one's exposure.
When are you going I will be there opening day. So excited but scars too with a the sensory overload of a new park opening. I did pandora last year so I kind of know what to expect

We'll be there late July - I don't think we're ready for opening day chaos, yet. Maybe after a few more trips, we'll be ready for an opening day :) But, I'm envious that you'll be there in only 5 weeks!!! I hope you have a fabulous trip.

I think we're planning to pop in for several short visits throughout the day, and not hang out in the TSL proper chaos for too long. The only problem is we all LOVE Toy Story, so there's lots we want to do: the new rides, smores french toast from Woody's Lunchbox, meet characters, see the new interactive entertainment, stare at all the stuff - might have to 'pop in' a bunch of times. But I know it'll be so much fun.

We'll be there late July - I don't think we're ready for opening day chaos, yet. Maybe after a few more trips, we'll be ready for an opening day :) But, I'm envious that you'll be there in only 5 weeks!!! I hope you have a fabulous trip.

I think we're planning to pop in for several short visits throughout the day, and not hang out in the TSL proper chaos for too long. The only problem is we all LOVE Toy Story, so there's lots we want to do: the new rides, smores french toast from Woody's Lunchbox, meet characters, see the new interactive entertainment, stare at all the stuff - might have to 'pop in' a bunch of times. But I know it'll be so much fun.
BY the time you get there it should not be too bad ( I do not see them closing the land due to capacity) The lines will be long for sure, but I do not think there will be a line to get merchandise like there will be opening day ( come to think of it is there even a store in TSL)

not sure show has the disability and what they have a hard time with, but the person with the DAS does not have to go to the ride to get the retrun time, so if you get there at RD ( this is the hardest part for me) have someone go ahead and get the retrun time for one of the rides in TSL while the other hang back ( I will go in one of the stores as it normly is quiet first thing in one of the stores) and then have a meeting place ( in HS behind the stage for the starwars show and the theater is a very nice and quiet place) if they do moble ordering for the place in TSL use it such a great service, and make sure you book your FP 60 days before your trip and hopfuly you will get one of the rides in TSL.

Yes I am very excited to be going in just 5 weeks ( oh no that is sooner then I thought) I did the opening for pandora with a friend ( and that really helped a lot) I will be doing this alone, so I am worried some ( my goal is too get into TSL and get a DAS return time before having a meltdown) and I kind of know what to exspect with the crowds so this can help ( and it hurts some too since I know what to exspect) and I just have it in my mind this will not be a big ride trip and there will be a lot of going to a quiet plce to decompress and take a brek. If you have any question about TSL just ask ( I should know more about it after I get back )

Thank you so much - I'll be sending good, stress-free vibes your way on opening day - I know you'll have a blast.
report back on how this goes! we appear to have basically the same plan ;) FP one ride, rope drop one and DAS the third. or some combo like that. we may DAS 2 and work around the others another way. it really depends on how long it takes at GS to get his pass.

it really depends on how long it takes at GS to get his pass.

If this is your first time asking for a DAS you can make things go a little faster if you go in a focus on things the person with the DAS has problems within the line that does not have to do with standing or walking. If everything goes smoothly ( like no problems with the iPad) then it should take 5-10 minutes, if you already had a DAS then it should take about 5 minutes.

If this is your first time asking for a DAS you can make things go a little faster if you go in a focus on things the person with the DAS has problems within the line that does not have to do with standing or walking. If everything goes smoothly ( like no problems with the iPad) then it should take 5-10 minutes, if you already had a DAS then it should take about 5 minutes.
We had a DAS in 2016. Will that still hold up? I know it won’t be valid but I never thought that they’d still have it in their system.

We had a DAS in 2016. Will that still hold up? I know it won’t be valid but I never thought that they’d still have it in their system.
not too sure I have always gone in and said I need to renew my DAS ( I go about 4-8 times a year) but you can go in and say you had a DAS in 2016 and say you need to renew it and see what they can do.

When I went in December 2017 I brought my paper DAS from our previous, 2015, trip. I went into guest services in MK and while showing the old paper DAS explained the last time we visited was a couple years ago and I would like to renew my DAS for this trip. The CM happily did, explaining it was now electronic, how to use it, some tips, etc.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!