Can you pool hop at the Universal resorts?

leeserw

Mouseketeer
I know some Disney sister resorts allow it but this is our first Universal stay and I don't wanna break any rules or look like a fool. Lol

If you are staying in RPR, HRH and PBH you can hop between their pools, but you can't use Cabana Bay Pool :(. Cabana Bay guests can use only their pools.

If you are staying in RPR, HRH and PBH you can hop between their pools, but you can't use Cabana Bay Pool :(. Cabana Bay guests can use only their pools.
Have you stayed and been told this? So far when I was talking to a supervisor at Cabana Bay on my BIL's upcoming stay she said that I could come and use the pool since we will be over at PBH. Loews website on the FAQ says that Cabana Bay guests can use all the resort pools but no language to that on any of the other hotels yet :)

Have you stayed and been told this? So far when I was talking to a supervisor at Cabana Bay on my BIL's upcoming stay she said that I could come and use the pool since we will be over at PBH. Loews website on the FAQ says that Cabana Bay guests can use all the resort pools but no language to that on any of the other hotels yet :)

the lazy river will open in july at Cbay.
it is my guess that the pool hopping allowed now from Cbay to the 3 deluxe, could change when the lazy river opens.

as long as i can get a chair by the pool during my fall trip, i'll be happy.

I've got an official written answer from Universal :confused3

I'll be glad if it's not true (we wanted to explore Cabana Bay during our RPR stay)

what was their answer?

"Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando® Guest Services.

Please be aware that only direct Guests of Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort may use their pool facilities. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at (407) 224-4233, option three (3).

Again, thank you for contacting us. We look forward to entertaining you."

May be Cabana Bay guests can use others? But it's not fair :(.

thank you AlisaMom.

wonder if those at Cbay can still use the 3 deluxe pools now.

thank you AlisaMom.

wonder if those at Cbay can still use the 3 deluxe pools now.
Here is what is on the Loews FAQ for CB

Do I have access to Mandara Spa at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel and the Kids’ Camps?
Yes, guests of Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort have access to the all on-site hotel pools, Mandara Spa at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel and the resort Kids Camp. In addition, Cabana Bay guests may dine at any of the restaurants at all three on-site hotels.

Think it would be kinda silly for them to allow CB guests to use other deluxe pools and then deluxe guests not to use CB facilites.

Oh WOW! This is interesting.

Soooooo - I can have a lazy river OR club level and FOTL. Interesting.

thank you AlisaMom. wonder if those at Cbay can still use the 3 deluxe pools now.

After the response above they better not allow pool hoping from CB to the deluxe hotels. If it's a one way street I'm writing a letter.

After the response above they better not allow pool hoping from CB to the deluxe hotels.

Agree. I also decided to write a letter and ask about pool hoping from CB. Even without CB guests RPR poll was always crowded during summer months afternoon hours.

We all work very hard to make money and to choose how we spend it. We also make choices to where we stay on what perks they offer. The only things that CB is missing is EP and water taxi. I think they need to change the rules for CB. The whole purpose of CB was to have a value resort onsite to capture the budget customer along with more occupancy per room that Universal lacked. But please not on the expense of the customers that paid and continue to pay for the perks. Don't get me wrong I think its great to help many people to stay onsite that could not before to experience everything.

Wrapping up a great stay at the Royal Pacific. We took the bus to Cabana Bay which leaves from the bus area near the Universal parking garage.

We tried our RPR room key at the gates to the CBR pool, no luck.

Bus ride was quick and we never waited more than a couple of minutes in either direction.

The walking path is still under construction so I don't recommend walking along the road.

This is kind of what made our decision. We wanted the unlimited express pass, but we also wanna check out CB lazy river! WWoHP is the main concern for us & you still get early entry at CB so that is where we are staying.

I wrote to loews through Facebook and loews web asking for clarification a few days ago; I received a response from FB that said this "we actually do allow all guests of our orlando properties to enjoy all our properties, should they wish. It's not likely that many of our guests at cb will go to the other resorts as they have two huge pools at their disposal, including a slide and lazy river." So I replied, I have heard from reliable sources (dis boarders) that they have tried rp room keys and they did not work at cb. I then said that even if only 3-4 families from cb go to a deluxe pool, that's 15-20 people using deluxe pool chairs that deluxe guests can not. I said, if as you say, they won't use deluxe pools, then why have the policy at all, especially if you're not letting deluxe guests to cb? We will see if I get reply.

I wrote to loews through Facebook and loews web asking for clarification a few days ago; I received a response from FB that said this "we actually do allow all guests of our orlando properties to enjoy all our properties, should they wish. It's not likely that many of our guests at cb will go to the other resorts as they have two huge pools at their disposal, including a slide and lazy river." So I replied, I have heard from reliable sources (dis boarders) that they have tried rp room keys and they did not work at cb. I then said that even if only 3-4 families from cb go to a deluxe pool, that's 15-20 people using deluxe pool chairs that deluxe guests can not. I said, if as you say, they won't use deluxe pools, then why have the policy at all, especially if you're not letting deluxe guests to cb? We will see if I get reply.

thank you for sharing that info with us

and thank you for continuing to get info on this situation...

tumblr_lwvoirhqhO1qii6tmo1_500.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter