Can you modify Universal hotel reservations online?

AngiTN

DIS Veteran
Title pretty much says it all. Is there a way to change your reservation dates online? Or do you have to call? I've looked and didn't see anything. Thought maybe I was just missing it

I need to include I do see how to pull up my reservation and see the change feature but can't figure out how to actually make any changes to it.

I think it cancels and rebooks online as well. Be careful. If your new dates do not show availability at the same rate, it is an issue.

I need to include I do see how to pull up my reservation and see the change feature but can't figure out how to actually make any changes to it.

Hello!! I don't think I've ever "seen" you over here before!! Small world

I think it cancels and rebooks online as well. Be careful. If your new dates do not show availability at the same rate, it is an issue.
Thanks. I played around some more and I do think I may have figured it out. I see the rates and they seem to be the same. I hadn't completed it yet as I wasn't sure if it was doing just that, cancelling and rebooking. Now I'm waiting to hear from someone else to see if we'll just change hotels, not just add a night. I think I'll just call when I do figure it out. Seems safer

When you call, ask for the message service to be added to your reservation. This service allows you to send a message, using your phone, to the Universal Rep who handled your reservation. You can ask a question (and make a change) through the message and you don't have to call them. I've used it a few times already and the response time has been awesome!

When you call, ask for the message service to be added to your reservation. This service allows you to send a message, using your phone, to the Universal Rep who handled your reservation. You can ask a question (and make a change) through the message and you don't have to call them. I've used it a few times already and the response time has been awesome!
Nice! I used their message feature after we arrived on our last trip to ask the front desk a couple of questions about room charging. Worked great. I'm all about anything that skips a phone call if possible.

For those curious, I ended up calling and it was so super easy. Took 2, 3 minutes tops, no hold time to get an agent or anything
On the converse, I called Disney to change our reservation there and it took 55 min. Now, I did remove a day vs. add a day so it took a few hoops on behalf of the CM, she had to get approval to make the change. In the end, it was done and I was able to keep right on working while on hold. But the ease of the change was significantly different.

I did a live chat the other day because I want to upgrade to Club level. The rep said there would be a 50 dollar change fee. But can't I just cancel the Standard res and book the Club level?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter