Can we see what we want to see in one day?

Melissa Sheridan

Planning Epic Trip #2!!!!!
Hi!
So I'm debating adding one day (maybe two, but that might not be possible) at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure to our upcoming WDW & Disney cruise trip.

All we really care about doing is the following: Forbidden Journey, Escape from Gringotts, Hogwarts Express, a bit of time in both Harry Potter areas (we have wands from a trip this past year to Universal Hollywood), Jurassic Park, Spiderman, if possible Despicable Me and if possible Transformers.

A few things to note:
- IF we attempt to get to these things in one day, I will be planning to get the Front of the Line pass thingy (whatever they call it in Orlando!) to make it easier
- I am fully aware that we will not see ALL of both parks in one day, I am not insane. Our list is literally just the above-mentioned rides. : )
- I am fine with skipping the water park entirely as it will be February and I'm not sure about the weather and if the weather is good, we'll check out one of WDW's water parks, since we have more time there.

So....is this doable in a day?
What about a short day (like Rope Drop and leave mid afternoon to check in at WDW?)

Thanks for your advice!!!!!

Yes, should be fine. Truthfully, you should mentally budget for Express Passes but wait to buy. You might not need them. Don't skimp on the day though! Disney can wait. Enjoy your day at Universal. Diagon Alley at night shouldn't be missed.

With a long day and express pass, you'll get that done and more.

With no early entry, and leaving mid afternoon, it would be more difficult. It depends on crowds, and how long exploring HP will take you. If you're big fans then you could spend all day in the two HP areas alone.

I think a lot depends on the date you have lined up for the darkside

If you go on a weekday m-th
Better chance of hitting all on your list

And if not going during a holiday or school break period l feel you can accomplish the list you have

I've done 1 day at Universal several times. I wouldn't skimp on hours at the park - I'm definitely a rope drop to park close type of person. Between staying at the park for all business hours and getting Express passes, you'll be fine catching everything at both parks in one day! Especially if you go on a Monday - Thursday, like macraven said. I've only ever gone on weekend days sadly, but I've still managed.

Have an amazing trip! I'm heading back to Universal in October and seriously can't wait.

Thanks for the advice!

We are looking at the first Friday in February (checking into WDW on the Saturday). We haven't booked flights yet so I'm thinking of flying in Thursday instead of Friday to accommodate this extra day at Universal.

We'll plan for getting the Express pass, with it being a Friday just in case. Thanks again!

Hi!
So I'm debating adding one day (maybe two, but that might not be possible) at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure to our upcoming WDW & Disney cruise trip.

All we really care about doing is the following: Forbidden Journey, Escape from Gringotts, Hogwarts Express, a bit of time in both Harry Potter areas (we have wands from a trip this past year to Universal Hollywood), Jurassic Park, Spiderman, if possible Despicable Me and if possible Transformers.

A few things to note:
- IF we attempt to get to these things in one day, I will be planning to get the Front of the Line pass thingy (whatever they call it in Orlando!) to make it easier
- I am fully aware that we will not see ALL of both parks in one day, I am not insane. Our list is literally just the above-mentioned rides. : )
- I am fine with skipping the water park entirely as it will be February and I'm not sure about the weather and if the weather is good, we'll check out one of WDW's water parks, since we have more time there.

So....is this doable in a day?
What about a short day (like Rope Drop and leave mid afternoon to check in at WDW?)

Thanks for your advice!!!!!
We just did everything on your list except for Despicable Me, but also including Kong and Popeye, in July without Express Pass.

We got to Uni via Uber from WDW around 9 am, and ate late dinner in CityWalk (~10 pm) before we took an Uber back to WDW. We'll def get Express Pass in the future (we didn't bc I didn't realize it included the HP rides) - waiting an hour for the Hogwarts Express especially was a real bummer.

Thanks for the advice!

We are looking at the first Friday in February (checking into WDW on the Saturday). We haven't booked flights yet so I'm thinking of flying in Thursday instead of Friday to accommodate this extra day at Universal.

We'll plan for getting the Express pass, with it being a Friday just in case. Thanks again!

Do you have your hotel lined up for that first night or two before you check into WDW on the Saturday? You should consider one of the deluxe hotels on site because it will give you Free Unlimited Express Passes and Early Entry Perks

If you fly in for Thursday and check in, you've got your full day Friday with Express Passes already included and you're laughing. You'll be able to do everything on your list and much more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts