Can we Play the do you Remember Game?

DisCamper

Just waiting for the next WDW trip
1518_1.jpg

0a1116a0.png

I cant recall any of that since I wasnt there back then, now that I am an "adult" I am having to make up for it.

I really regret never having made it to Discovery Island. It was always one of those things I would say "next visit we'll go to Discovery Island." Now, alas, too late.

The Disney village marketplace is now Downtown Disney.

I never was at Disney when the coupon books were used. I have a friend who has some and I have been trying to get them for my collections, but he is holding on to them for some reason.

I really regret never having made it to Discovery Island.

The Disney village marketplace is now Downtown Disney.

We did make it to Discover Island and it was really nice and relaxing. The Marketplace used to have a place where you could get a quadruple hamburger - our son remembers that fondly - last time we did that was in 1995 - I think it was closed the next year when we were down.

On Discovery Island we were sitting on a bench waiting for a show and a family sat down nest to us - we looked over and it was one of our daughter's best friend's family! The otters use that place now for their parties!

We took the boys to Discovery island when they were young, we had a good time and they still remember it because of the snake exhibit. It was nice relaxing way to spend part of the day.

Used to go there all the time. Really hate they closed it and River Country. Those were both great. The kids really enjoyed them. Not sure why they closed, but I think it had something to do with the water in the lake. Although being Disney I am suprised there is anything in the lake.

I do remember the coupon books... I think I still have some A tickets somewhere around here. I never got to Discovery Island or River Country... my first time on Fort Wilderness grounds was in 2003 :( But yes, I certainly remember Disney Marketplace before Pleasure Island came about. I remember eating at the Fireworks factory before PI was actually opened (I guess it was a soft-open?).

Here are a couple from a favorite, now-departed, attraction... does anybody remember:

19840101_000000-4.jpg

19840312_000000-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter