Can we just peek inside BOG for a min and not eat there?

We had a devil of a time getting ADRs for BOG and the California Grill brunch on the trip we just completed.

At both meals, literally half the restaurant was empty. I get that they schedule staff according to the number of ADRs they allow, but I sincerely wonder why they don’t fully staff their restaurants and allow walk-ups. Volume is how most dining establishments make a profit.

And it’s a real turn-off to me that ADRs are so difficult to find for a place that turns out to be half empty.

We had a devil of a time getting ADRs for BOG and the California Grill brunch on the trip we just completed.

At both meals, literally half the restaurant was empty. I get that they schedule staff according to the number of ADRs they allow, but I sincerely wonder why they don’t fully staff their restaurants and allow walk-ups. Volume is how most dining establishments make a profit.

And it’s a real turn-off to me that ADRs are so difficult to find for a place that turns out to be half empty.

Kitchen capacity. At BOG, for dinner, the kitchen capacity even right now (non-Signature) cannot fill the place for dinner.

At CG, it's about phasing. It's also why most PPO breakfasts don't book every table at 8:05, you need some stagger with tables to have the kitchen work effectively, and that starts with not booking every table for open.

Make a reservation and get a cupcake, thats what we are doing. ;)

While not against the rules, I'm sure this is one driving force to changing supper to Pre-Fixe. It will make getting ADRs for people who want a meal easier.
While I don't know that it will change for breakfast, would not be surprised to see them change lunch to a Pre-Fixe as well.

While not against the rules, I'm sure this is one driving force to changing supper to Pre-Fixe. It will make getting ADRs for people who want a meal easier.
While I don't know that it will change for breakfast, would not be surprised to see them change lunch to a Pre-Fixe as well.

It may be or it may not be. WHen BOG first opened for breakfast teh Prix Fixed menu was well advertised. Well from teh first second, Disney allowed people to Oder a minimum amount of food, tossing the perception that fixed price had any sort of meaning. They provided additional pastries to tables that were sharing and they did this without patrons even requesting them. They then responded to the dilemna they created by increasing the price of the fixed menu meals, reducing the quality of what had been delicious mini french pastries, and then adding the option to buy just a cupcake. So who drove the problem? I do nto belive any guest's ordering preference was at fault. I believe that DIsney had no idea what they wanted to do with this restaurant so it was without a vision.

I believe that Disney has decided to capitalize on the fact that they have a precious need for TS dining experiences in the MK and that the only signature meal available had been turned into a character meal, leaving guests to either leave the parks or stick to CS> FInally they might be giving this very popula restaurnat an identity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter