Can we fit a meaningful Sequoia visit in 1-1.5 days?

echamp404

#disneylikeachampion
My wife and I are flying in to LAX in early June with our 5 y/o daughter and almost 1 y/o son. We were hoping to drive up and visit Sequoia National Park. The most we can spare are two nights, with the first night being a drive up to the area after flying in to LAX that afternoon. Tentative plan currently is to find a motel or AirBnB rental outside the park, like around Exeter, then head in to the park early the next day. If we can find a single night available lodge in the park we'd stay there, then head back to LA the following morning/mid-day.

I'm aware it is a solid 90-100 minute drive to get to the General Sherman tree and visitors centers from somewhere like Exeter. I've driven the windy, steep roads in the Smokies over here in the East, so I'm not too concerned about that aspect.

Knowing that there is a good amount of windshield time, and that we won't be doing any particularly challenging hikes with the kiddos in tow, is a solid 8-10 hours in the park worth it? Appreciate any advice here, thanks!

You will want more time but if that's all you have you will find it wonderful. 8 hours is better than not going.

I've only visited for even shorter than that. We were driving home from Yosemite and decided to go to Sequoia for a few hours on the way home. I loved it. I didn't get to see most of the park/things I wanted to see. The forest service was doing a controlled burn that day and it was pretty interesting to watch them start some fires and the logs rolling down the hill. I plan to go back and spent a couple night inside the park (the drive up and down is to sketchy for me to stay outside the park and drive in for my days). It was worth it for me to go just for a couple hours. I'm sure you'll have an amazing time staying overnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!