Can resale buyers still purchase Tables In Wonderland?

Sean91

DIS Veteran
Obviously I know most of the extras have been removed for those that buy resale, but I can't seem to find definitive answer on this particular purchase.

I haven't seen anyone try it yet, but I'm pretty sure it's still possible. Only "certain" discounts are restricted to post-4/4 buyers.

Depends on if Guest Relations accepts a white digital member card as proof of DVC membership.

I wish they had been a little more clear about it... then again, maybe the ambiguousness is on purpose
I'm certain it is.

I believe "certain" discounts means those discounts arranged and promoted as special, limited time deals for DVC.
Other people have assumed that it means all discounts, including merchandise, dining discounts, and access to TiW.

I'm pretty sure it's really the former, but they want you to think it's the latter.

Last edited:

People have been told that they would still have the following benefits: TOTWL, Pool hopping and free DVD rentals. That's a specific list that doesn't mention TIW so I'd be inclined to think it is eliminated for resale purchasers after 4/16.

I called up and got mine. I gave the cast member my Disney Vacation Club ID, I paid her using my Sapphire Visa, and I got the card in the mail about a week later.

I'm thinking that you bought prior to 4/16, correct? This is would just be restricted for resale buyers after that time.

I called TIW today and according to them it is not available to DVC Resale purchasers. However i dont have my member number yet and just asked a broad question. I am going to try calling and getting it once i have my member number.

We have four diff member numbers because we have purchased three resorts thru resale and then have one card which covers all our Disney purchased points. For our last TIW card that I got in march at guest services in Disney springs I pulled out one of those member cards, which look like the same blue member card for our Disney purchased resorts. They didn't even question it.

I called TIW today and according to them it is not available to DVC Resale purchasers. However i dont have my member number yet and just asked a broad question. I am going to try calling and getting it once i have my member number.
DVC members cannot purchase TiW over the phone, so I wouldn't trust their answer anyway. And I wouldn't expect them to know or care about the difference between direct, pre-4/4, and post-4/4 resale purchases. Their instinct would probably be to tell you that there is a restriction if you're the one asking something so specific.

You want to purchase onsite anyway. The TIW becomes active upon purchase even if shipped so wait to buy there.

DVC members cannot purchase TiW over the phone

You want to purchase onsite anyway. The TIW becomes active upon purchase even if shipped so wait to buy there.

I bought mine over the phone no problem. And, just tell them the activation date and they'll put your order in and it will automatically wait until a couple of weeks before, then charge your credit card the $150 and send it with the start date you asked for. No problem there either.

I bought mine over the phone no problem. And, just tell them the activation date and they'll put your order in and it will automatically wait until a couple of weeks before, then charge your credit card the $150 and send it with the start date you asked for. No problem there either.

That's newer then afaik. The reason they used to give for them being set to expire in the month following activation was to allow for the mailing time.

Next thing you'll say is that they're scanning them to verify rather than just looking at them. :laughing:

If you purchased as a DVC Member and NOT as a Passholder or FL Resident, they failed to follow their own policy as noted on the TiW website.

How to Purchase:
  • If you are a Disney Vacation Club Member, visit any Guest Relations location at a Walt Disney World® Theme Park or Disney Springs™ to purchase your Tables in Wonderland membership. Please present your Photo ID and your DVC Membership Card.
  • If you are a Florida Resident or Walt Disney World® Resort Passholder, visit any Guest Relations location at a Walt Disney World® Theme Park or Disney Springs™ to purchase your Tables in Wonderland membership. Florida Residents and Walt Disney World® Resort Passholders may also purchase over the phone. Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery when purchasing by phone.

That's newer then afaik. The reason they used to give for them being set to expire in the month following activation was to allow for the mailing time.

Next thing you'll say is that they're scanning them to verify rather than just looking at them. :laughing:

I thought they scanned the bar code on it but I never really paid attention. We'll be there early May so I'll try to find out. (I always conduct some sort of undercover investigation on every trip. Exciting stuff.)

If you purchased as a DVC Member and NOT as a Passholder or FL Resident, they failed to follow their own policy as noted on the TiW website.

You mean Disney policies are vague and inconsistent? Say it ain't so!! pirate:

You mean Disney policies are vague and inconsistent? Say it ain't so!!
It's certainly not vague. The policy is clear. The fact that a CM didn't enforce the policy is not surprising, but shouldn't be expected.

I know they swiped mine at Flame Tree to apply the discount. At table service restaurants, they always carried it away, so I have no idea what they had to do to apply the discount.

Might be they are swiping now - I haven't paid close attention with our newest one. Just a couple years ago some servers would take it - said their supervisor needed to approve, others would take it with them without comment and a few would just look at it and hand it back so there coudn't have been any computerized verification going on then.

I have found the Disney owned places will swipe it and if the magnetic strip is not working (very common for me) they have to get a supervisor to allow the discount. Non-Disney owned places seem to be a little more lax and accept just a look at the card.

Laura

My issue with this is if we are not eligible for TIW i want to sign up for the dining plan. I really wanted to find out if we were eligible or not because no one can seem to answer this question. We are still waiting to close on our resale purchase so i didnt have much detail to give to the cast member i spoke with at TIW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter