• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I share 2 bedroom LO entry with family?

Mimi151

Earning My Ears
New DVC owner question…. We are planning a family trip. Im looking at a 2 bedroom lockoff and 2 studios at OKW, for a 5 day period. Parents (us) and our three adult children/families. My husband and I would have the 2 bedroom along with one of the families. The other two families would be in studios at the same resort. As everyone has different timelines for parks, golf, naps, etc., I’d like everyone to have access to the larger living room space as they pleased during the day. Is it possible to get any kind of entry card to “our room” for the two families who will be staying in the studio rooms?

You could get key cards from the front desk for the occupants of the room and give them to the other two families. That seems easiest to me.
Agreed. This option might work. But don't put people on multiple reservations to get them access. The Disney system doesn't handle that well. Ask for key cards instead.

I would just share some older magic bands with them for room access, after making sure they work of course.

I would just share some older magic bands with them for room access, after making sure they work of course.
I’m a newbie - have only been to WDW once since Magic bands have been in use. How would we do this?

I’m a newbie - have only been to WDW once since Magic bands have been in use. How would we do this?
If my name is on the reservation, and if I have more than one Magic Band, all of my Magic Bands should work for my trip (assuming I have not gone into my My Disney Experience account to deactivate some of them). So if my sister is staying in a different room, I can give her one of my extra Magic Bands, and she can use it to open the door to my room.

From my sister's point of view, it probably would be easier to carry around a key card to my room rather than a Magic Band to my room.

People tended to have multiple Magic Bands back when they came free with a Disney resort stay. For awhile, you couldn't even decline them if you didn't want one. Now that you have to pay for them, people probably don't have as many.

(If a Magic Band is more than a few years old, it might not work for long-distance things such as ride photos, but it should still work for up-close things like opening the door to the room.)

Last edited:

New DVC owner question…. We are planning a family trip. Im looking at a 2 bedroom lockoff and 2 studios at OKW, for a 5 day period. Parents (us) and our three adult children/families. My husband and I would have the 2 bedroom along with one of the families. The other two families would be in studios at the same resort. As everyone has different timelines for parks, golf, naps, etc., I’d like everyone to have access to the larger living room space as they pleased during the day. Is it possible to get any kind of entry card to “our room” for the two families who will be staying in the studio rooms?

Ask at the desk for cards for 'Day Guests' who can access your room. I would probably limit it to one per family in your two studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter