• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I reschedule trip? Pointers on going about it?

elfling8

Mouseketeer
We are 8 days out from our trip (me and DH). An immediate family member was hospitilized early last week and needs home care. I did not get trip insurance (of course - that would have made life easier), and other than dining reservations I don't have the option to change anything on the app. I have not called Disney yet to talk to someone on the phone, but will they possibly let me reschedule the trip for the future? Any tips, who I should talk to, anything like that? My family member would feel so guilty if we were out the whole vacation $ and we don't want to add that to their worries rn.

But to add, I had a room only last week that I made a change to within the no cancellation period and I was allowed to without penalty. I would call and try. I wouldn't even ask, I'd just tell them you are rescheduling and see if they apply the fee.

We are 8 days out from our trip (me and DH). An immediate family member was hospitilized early last week and needs home care. I did not get trip insurance (of course - that would have made life easier), and other than dining reservations I don't have the option to change anything on the app. I have not called Disney yet to talk to someone on the phone, but will they possibly let me reschedule the trip for the future? Any tips, who I should talk to, anything like that? My family member would feel so guilty if we were out the whole vacation $ and we don't want to add that to their worries rn.
Call Disney right away. Should be $200 fee at most.

But to add, I had a room only last week that I made a change to within the no cancellation period and I was allowed to without penalty. I would call and try. I wouldn't even ask, I'd just tell them you are rescheduling and see if they apply the fee.
Several years ago I had to cancel a trip a few days out. It was a package. I didn’t know which days I was going to change it to but the CM on the phone was pushing really hard for me to pick a day, any day in the future so I didn’t have to pay the fee. I messed up because things were crazy at the time and just told him to cancel it. Still kicking myself! Just pick a day in the future to reschedule and if you have to alter it again so be it.

A bright note, after all that happened I shared the story when I did get to reschedule (by phone) and we were pixie dusted majorly with a club level upgrade at the BC from a standard view room for my DH’s birthday. So in the end it all worked out 😉

Update - I called afternoon. Got a cast member right away. Took a couple people and some finagling with the tickets (I had two days of tickets bought outside the resort package for when DH was at conference in off site hotel) but it's all set! We are now going first week of Nov. Should be pretty good crowd wise and much better weather than next week!! We did have to switch from Pop to All Star Music to get the room deal but that's fine. No fees to change, and no trouble. Now wish us luck with the airlines! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter