Can I do a Celebrity cruise trip report here?

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if it would be okay to do a trip report for my honeymoon cruise on Celebrity that I'm taking next year August to Ireland and Iceland. I'm not sure if it would be okay since this is a Royal Caribbean forum, but they do own Celebrity so it might be okay? I know on Cruise Critic people do a few, but I prefer this site more than that one.

I'd love to read a Celebrity report here. We are doing our first Celebrity cruise later this summer on the Equinox.

I'd love to read a Celebrity report here. We are doing our first Celebrity cruise later this summer on the Equinox.
:) That's great to hear. The cruise is going to so many amazing places so I know I'll be taking a ridiculous amount of pictures. I like sharing my experiences for future cruisers

I’ve been wondering the same. I have a Universal/WDW/Costa Rica/Southern Caribbean Celebrity cruise trip coming up and would like to live blog every day, preferably all in the same place.
I really can’t decide the best place to do this, but here is one consideration.

Either way, I can’t see an issue with your want to post here. As long as it’s clear from the title that your report is on Celebrity, people can make the choice to open the thread or move on.

This forum should really be a catch-all for everything non-DCL.

As such, you have my vote.

Two years ago, I made a request for a "non-DCL" forum but was told that my Carnival VS DCL thread + RCCL forum was more than enough to contain all the non-DCL discussions so I did not push any further.

It makes sense. There's really not too much traffic in this forum vs the DCL one, so creating a new one for non-DCL/RCI is not a great idea.

I do think renaming this forum to be inclusive of everything non-DCL would be good and perhaps drive more traffic over, but realistically it's not a big deal.

Please do!!! I love Celebrity Cruises and I'd love to hear about your experience as this is an itinerary I'm especially intrigued by!

Please do!!! I love Celebrity Cruises and I'd love to hear about your experience as this is an itinerary I'm especially intrigued by!
So I'm on the fence with my honeymoon cruise and have been debating whether to actually go on it or switch to a Disney cruise. If we do end up switching to Disney I think we'll do this cruise a few years later. I've just been nervous about trying out a new cruise line. It is nice to hear you love Celebrity though.

Ah, the "trying something new" jitters. I hear you. Guess it's better to be indecisive about a cruise versus the wedding :) (which I'm sure will be wonderful).

If it makes you feel any better, I usually get nerves about anything until I get past the "point of no return" - which in the case of a cruise is effectively the Paid In Full date. Before that, I try to stay the course, but it's hard sometimes.

Ah, the "trying something new" jitters. I hear you. Guess it's better to be indecisive about a cruise versus the wedding :) (which I'm sure will be wonderful).

If it makes you feel any better, I usually get nerves about anything until I get past the "point of no return" - which in the case of a cruise is effectively the Paid In Full date. Before that, I try to stay the course, but it's hard sometimes.
I've never planned a trip this far out and I can be an indecisive person so it's giving me too much time to change my mind. Currently have two cruises booked now and considering switching the weeks (that's a little more complicated so might not happen) Definitely not indecisive about the wedding :) I think my biggest issue is that I've never been on Celebrity before and if I end up not liking it I'll be on that ship a really long time, plus its a honeymoon so its a bit more special than just doing a week cruise for vacation. So I'm leaning heavily towards Disney and doing the Celebrity cruise later on down the road.

I've never planned a trip this far out and I can be an indecisive person so it's giving me too much time to change my mind. Currently have two cruises booked now and considering switching the weeks (that's a little more complicated so might not happen) Definitely not indecisive about the wedding :) I think my biggest issue is that I've never been on Celebrity before and if I end up not liking it I'll be on that ship a really long time, plus its a honeymoon so its a bit more special than just doing a week cruise for vacation. So I'm leaning heavily towards Disney and doing the Celebrity cruise later on down the road.

Well, I think you may know my feelings on this. In so much that we are looking at another Celebrity cruise this fall (Solstice class for sure). I reiterate that our experience on the Silhouette was outstanding.

Though not a detailed TR, here is our snapshot of Celebrity on Silhouette.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/celebrity-silhouette.3662600/

IMG_20180304_162714_154.jpg IMG_20180304_162734_818.jpg IMG_20180306_131348_813.jpg IMG_20180306_151850_439.jpg IMG_20180304_184916_644.jpg

Additional pics.

IMG_20180304_162734_818.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180309_180801_044.jpg
    IMG_20180309_180801_044.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20180310_211352_903.jpg
    IMG_20180310_211352_903.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20180309_180748_759.jpg
    IMG_20180309_180748_759.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20180309_162605_546.jpg
    IMG_20180309_162605_546.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20180304_184916_644.jpg
    IMG_20180304_184916_644.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
So I'm on the fence with my honeymoon cruise and have been debating whether to actually go on it or switch to a Disney cruise. If we do end up switching to Disney I think we'll do this cruise a few years later. I've just been nervous about trying out a new cruise line. It is nice to hear you love Celebrity though.

What if you end up liking Celebrity better than Disney and regret not having spent 13 days on the ship? ;)

Have you watched videos on youtube? Have you consulted old "Celebrity Today" (Celebrity's Personal Navigators) I find that it sometimes give you a better idea of the offering is on Celebrity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter