Can I book AAA then change to AP?

Dabadalo

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if I could book a room only reservation with a AAA discount, and later apply an AP discount to the reservation when one becomes available :confused3 ? I realize the two discounts cannot be combined, but I want to secure a room long before the AP discounts usually come out. Please help!

you can do that! I've done it before. But AP room rates aren't as predictable as before or plentiful. I usually book AAA at the hotel where that rate is comfortable for me. (i,.e. Maybe on AP I'd stay at Contemporary but at AAA rate I book CB or WL as I know I can afford them on AAA rate) Anyway, if/when AP rates become available for my stay I call right away. I then try to get AP at the hotel of my choice (Contemp) or use it at CB or WL. In truth, you're not really applying it to your existing reservation ... there has to be a room available at the AP rate that you can book....and then they cancel your orig. AAA rate ressie.

That's why many people feel you shouldn't book a room (AAA or rack rate) at a hotel you hope to eventually snag an AP rate for. If Disney feels occupancy is at a high enough level, they don't offer many rooms at that hotel at the AP rate. So by booking early, you just might not get an AP rate at the hotel. On the other hand, I'm not willing to chance not having a nice room at a rate I can afford....so I still book AAA someplace nice...and then hope for the best.

SOrry for the lengthy answer, hope it makes sense. :flower:

Good explanation!

I'm probably going to book AAA and then re-book AP if good rates come out. Now, it looks like some people are asked their AAA number when they book and others are not. Is it just a crap shoot? I guess you can't book AAA and then only buy a AAA membership if you end up using that discount? :confused3

Also, a family member has AAA but is not going on our trip. Is there a problem if I give that AAA number and then buy one for our trip if I use it? The numbers would be different when I show it at check in. Problem?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter