can DDP be added at checkin?

baby_natz16

Earning My Ears
Hi

I was wondering if it's possible to add dining plan and tickets when you check in? Or do you have to give advance warning? Thanks!

The Dining plan is a package including your room at rack rate, your tickets and the plan and must be booked in advance.

Sammie said:
The Dining plan is a package including your room at rack rate, your tickets and the plan and must be booked in advance.

I think this is true if you are getting the plan free like during the free dining promotion which is a package deal. We are DVC members and if we want to add the dining plan to our vacation we must do it before we arrive. I'm not sure if the same policy applies to hotel guests. We are paying for the plan thus it is not part of a package deal.

Whether free or paid, you are required to add the dining plan prior to arrival. I haven't seen any definitive amount of prior notice required -- I've heard everything from 5 days to 5 minutes. I've also seen a couple of anecdotes where people have added it at checkin, but I sure would not base my vacation plans on being able to do that.

The prudent vacationer will add it before arrival if they want it.

The most common number I've read is 3 days... you need to book the Dining Plan at least three days prior. Again, that's for DVC members; not sure if it is different for other guests. Obviously, for other guests, there are additional requirements, for admission ticket purchase and making the Dining Plan part of a package.

And lets not forget that members service is not open on the weekends.

We were told we could get the dining program when we check in. You should check and call Disney to be sure some CM's don't even them. :love: :love: party: party:

I currently have a room-only ressie at ASMo. Twice (since I've made some changes to our reservation) I asked about adding tix and DDP, and both times I was told I must do so at least 3 days before check-in.

J&J said:
We were told we could get the dining program when we check in.
You need to add it to your reservation in advance. Some guests (folks staying on DVC points) are allowed to pay when they check in, but all must arrange for it at least three days before checking in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter