Can anyone help with a 1-2 day Yosemite itinerary?

kkmcan

Official Mouse Fan
We are now looking at a DL trip in June with a Yosemite side trip of 2 nights. I am thinking of staying at Tenaya lodge possibly.

We would like to see the following but I don't know how far away each place is or how much time to dedicate to each activity so maybe someone can help me with this.

Mariposa Grove
Glacier Point
Short hike to lower Yosemite Falls
Definitely want to do the Flashlight hike one of the evenings at Tenaya Lodge
Bridalveil Falls would be cool to see as well, but not sure about if we'll have time after doing all the other things.

Thanks for any help on how to do this.
Probably we will drive from DL in the morning so realistically it will be whatever time we have left after getting there (about 3pm) plus the whole next day. Leave in the morning the 3rd day.

The first day, when you arrive, drive to see the grove. After you see that, drive into the valley and check in. Do the flashlight tour that night. The next day do all the great things in the valley. Ride the free bus. Be sure to see the Ahawani (sp?) lodge. The park is jaw dropping good. You will not believe the views. When we were there we spent one day climbing up Bridalvail falls. The face has giant bolders that you can just climb up. There is a natural pool at the top/ bottom that you can swim in (but it will be cold). The view from there is unbelievable. Have fun.

We stayed at the Tenaya Lodge. It was very nice. We actually stayed in the cabins they recently acquired. The flashlight tour was fun. Check out my trip report below.

Anyway, we booked a tour with Discover Yosemite. They picked us up right at Tenaya. We were taken to Glacier Point, Mariposa Grove, Ahwahnee, Bridal Veil Falls, Tunnel View and the Valley Floor. It was an all day trip and well worth it. We got to see everything. Lunch is provided and we ate it at the base of El Capitan. The next day we explored Mirror Lake, Curry Camp and the valley floor on our own. Since you're only going to have 1 full day (not nearly enough IMHO), I would strongly suggest the tour.

http://www.discoveryosemite.com/buses.html

On the 3rd morning, Mariposa Grove is about 10 minutes from Tenaya. You can do Mariposa Grove in a couple of hours.

All the trails to Yosemite Falls and Bridal Veil falls are very short and easy. They are also well marked so you can find them as you drive into the valley. The only problem during peak season is parking, it is very limited. Another reason why a tour may be an option.

You will love it!

Tenaya Lodge is very far away from the valley floor. Like previous stated it is closer to Mariposa Grove of Trees. That ride to the floor is windy and up in the mountains. We did it at dusk and it seemed to take forever.
There are so many hikes you can do. There are also open air trams you can take from the valley floor near the general store.
There is so much you can do from the valley floor:
Bike rentals
Rafting
Junior Ranger program
Photography / Ansel Adams Gallery
Horseback riding
Rock Climbing
etc...

As I recall, the west gate was a pretty fair distance from the valley floor as well, except that since it followed the Merced river, it didn't have as many mountainous curves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter