Can American Disney mythology and Disney mythology be inherently different?

I am not sure I understand the question - do you mean "mythology" surrounding Walt and the company? If so, obviously Walt being American plays a big role in who he was, however the "myths" regarding the man might play differently in different countries. If you're talking about the stories themselves, movies and the like, for most of those it wouldn't matter at all. Most aren't even American stories origianlly.

I am not sure I understand the question - do you mean "mythology" surrounding Walt and the company? If so, obviously Walt being American plays a big role in who he was, however the "myths" regarding the man might play differently in different countries. If you're talking about the stories themselves, movies and the like, for most of those it wouldn't matter at all. Most aren't even American stories origianlly.

Thanks for the reply.
I mean, mythology in the sense of the company's universe overall.

Thanks for the reply.
I mean, mythology in the sense of the company's universe overall.

So, that's the "Disney Universe" as in where the stories take place? In that case, I would say it depends on the story. There aren't that many where they have intrinsically American qualities though. Honestly, it's the more universal themes that make them so appealing and enduring.

So, that's the "Disney Universe" as in where the stories take place? In that case, I would say it depends on the story. There aren't that many where they have intrinsically American qualities though. Honestly, it's the more universal themes that make them so appealing and enduring.

The classic films, one might argue do have Americanisms, such as the music style, the humour, like in The Jungle Book, and the Hays production code from early Hollywood.

The spirituality, which underpins the question's origin is perhaps whether fairy tale modernity is intrinsically American; granted, three piece suit culture, in terms of sexual arousal from the squeezing by the tie, the squeezing by the waistcoat and the squeezing by the shirt clothing, is indeed universal, a universal human condition, however, the culture in question might be able to be separate from the Americanism of fairy tale conditions

In terms of where the fairy tale/Americanism aspect comes from, I would offer that it derives from evolution's understanding of the American war for independence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter