Can a non suite guest board with family members booked in a Suite?

mamapenguin

DIS Veteran
I have decided to join my parents on a cruise next December. They are in a Suite and I’m in a regular room. It’s on the Harmony and I have read boarding can be chaotic. I have only ever cruised Disney, so I am a little nervous. Can I board with them, or am I on my own? It’s two completely different reservations.

I have boarded Royal Caribbean ships in Galveston, Port Canaveral, Seattle, and Ft. Lauderdale. The only time it seemed particularly chaotic was in Seattle. To a lesser degree, it was a little confusing at the old terminal in Galveston. But Royal now sails out of a new terminal and it was easy peasy. I've never sailed with DCL. So I really can't compare the lines. But try not to worry. As far as I know, you will not be able to enter through the suite entrance with your parents. Your parents could use the regular entrance with you. If they want to enter via the suite entrance, it might work out for you to actually board the ship together after checking in. If you both arrived at the terminal at the same time, your escalator is on the left and the suite escalator is on the right. After checking in, you may be able to meet once past the check in areas. Everyone boarded on the same gangway. There is a small waiting area for suite guests and a larger one for other passengers. You could text/call each other when you have checked in. I was lucky enough to sail in a suite on Royal last summer. We were greeted when we got off the escalator and we sat on couches in the lounge/waiting area as the checked us in on their iPads. I felt very important! :-) LOL Anyway, be sure to check in online as soon as check in opens to get an early boarding time. I think it is 45 days prior to sailing. I can look into it to refresh my memory.

Last edited:
I have boarded Royal Caribbean ships in Galveston, Port Canaveral, Seattle, and Ft. Lauderdale. The only time it seemed particularly chaotic was in Seattle. To a lesser degree, it was a little confusing at the old p in Galveston. But Royal now sails out of a new terminal and it was easy peasy. I've never sailed with DCL. So I really can't compare the lines. But try not to worry. As far as I know, you will not be able to enter through the suite entrance with your parents.
Thank you. I appreciate the answer. We are sailing out of Galveston and I am sure we will be early.

Thank you. I appreciate the answer. We are sailing out of Galveston and I am sure we will be early.
My computer froze when I was typing my reply. I just went ahead and posted and went back to edit. If you have any questions, I would be happy to help if I can. I hope to sail on Disney one day!

I have only ever cruised Disney, so I am a little nervous. Can I board with them, or am I on my own? It’s two completely different reservations.
they could wait with you until its time for you to board and the whole group will go through together.

I have decided to join my parents on a cruise next December. They are in a Suite and I’m in a regular room. It’s on the Harmony and I have read boarding can be chaotic. I have only ever cruised Disney, so I am a little nervous. Can I board with them, or am I on my own? It’s two completely different reservations.
As disneyfan150 noted, I would presume that you won't be able to board with your parents.

With that said, you lose nothing by asking at the terminal if you can board/check in with them.

There have been varying reports of non-suite guests being able to board with suite guest but it seems very hit or miss, so you mileage may vary. There are a lot of variables at play but I would bet that it is not going to be possible.

The fact that you are boarding in the New Galveston terminal makes it very unlikely. We haven't been yet but are sailing out of there in Feb. We have boarded (for Royal) out of Port Canaveral, Port Everglades, Long Beach, Honolulu, Vancouver, and Miami. Miami seems like it would be most similar Galveston since there is a dedicated suites entrance. The suites guests in your party will be going a different way, unless they elect to go with you. Only the terminals with one entrance for all parties like PC would if be likely that the group could stay together.

Here is a video overview of the port -

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter