Camping in SOCAL & Las Vegas

familyfun5

Mouseketeer
We are considering a two week trip from Colorado. We are stoping in Las Vegas for two nights, then San Diego for one week ( I am originally from San Diego family lives near interstate 15 & 52). Then four nights at DL and two nights at Zion Park on the way home again.

We are looking to purchase a travel trailer and need camp grounds in Las Vegas, DL and for San Diego.

Any thoughts? All help is greatful.

I don't know if it's still the name, but San Diego used to have Campland at Mission Bay. You could do a search on campgrounds in San Diego and see what comes up. There used to be a campgrounds at Circus Circus in Las Vegas.

We've stayed at Campland on the Bay (San Diego) several times and we love it. I will tell you though it is a huge RV park so if you are looking for something small and quiet, this is not the place. It is great for families though. They have their own beach area, and you can rent boats. http://www.campland.com/

As far as Vegas goes we had never stayed at any RV places because we used to live there, but the Oasis is beautiful. Sams Town is ok, but it is far from the Strip area, and not really the greatest part of town. It's not "bad", but I would do Oasis. Circus Circus RV park is all concrete, just a parking lot type (unless they have changed it in the last 3 years). Go for the Oasis!

If you actually want to camp out and not stay on the Strip in Vegas, than you should check out Mt. Charleston, Red Rock Canyon, and Valley of Fire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter