Camping in Ontario

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! We will be picking up the new trailer on Thursday ~ YIPPEE! I would love some advice from the happy campers on the CDN boards!

1) Have you ever winter camped in a tent trailer?

2) Were is your fav camp spot?

3) Where do you store your trailer?

4) How do you winterize the thing?

THANKS! S

Congratulations on your new trailer, Sandra! :)

At first, we used to store ours in a barn that a farmer advertised in our local flyer. Then when we had it on a permanent site for a couple of years, we just covered it well with a tarp. You might have luck for storage in checking out the trailer section in the want-ads of your local paper.

I think just turned the fridge off, leaving the door open a bit, and unplugged, unhooked everything for winter.

Congrats on the trailer!
My favorite spot to camp is Harrison Park in Owen Sound. It's a beautiful spot. It has a pool, a beautiful stream that runs thru the park, a fowl park, miniature golf, paddle boats, showers, etc...That's where I grew up camping, although we travelled back and forth across Canada camping when I was little.
Enjoy!:D

We always camp at Pancake Bay. That is and hour NW of Sault Ste. Marie. To winterize it we take the fridge door off and take out the mattress's, drapes ect. Then put it under a tarp. I thought that the tent part of it wasn't to be used in the winter. Maybe check that out.
tigercat

We just got back from spending 5 days at KILL BEAR Provincial Park Perry Sound 2 1/2 hours north of Toronto and try to go there every year. The scenery is awsome, the water and beaches of Georgian Bay great; my wife has been going there since she was a kid. I also have to tell you there were very little bugs so for a camping trip you can't have it better than that. I am from B.C. and did allot of camping out there when I was a teenager and didn't think I would ever find place as nice as some of the places I've been too. I would rate this as good or better. There are hydro lots available for trailering as well and hot showers and lots of things to do. I would rate it on a scale of 1 to 10 an 8 or 9 plus. I also must say that the park guests are mostly families or mature people who just want to enjoy the surroundings and the Park Rangers do not tolerate noise or bad behavior and will remove the culprits without hesitation I saw that first hand last year and was quite pleased to see their high standards at work. It's stuff like that that causes me to give the park such a high mark. I know its late in the year but if you can get out there even for two days it would be worth it. You will know what I mean when you get there.
P.S. I don't have a trailer but have been in many and have to agree with the one who suggested take out the matreses and drapes. or anything else for that matter that will collect mildew and attract critters. The last place you want to be in is in a smelly trailer.
:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter