Cameras Disney Photopass Photographers used a decade ago?

ChanaC

DIS Veteran
Hello all - I apologize, because this may be a very weird and possibly impossible to answer question.

So I was a Photopass Photographer at WDW from August 2012-May 2013. Does anyone know what cameras we were using, and maybe what the basic lens was for standard street/character shooting, in that time period? I know it was a Nikon but I have no memory of the model type!

Despite this Photopass job, I still consider myself an amateur hobbyist photographer because I've never pursued any kind of photography career, nor do I sell anything. I've been getting by with my old Canon Powershot (fixed lens camera) since that Disney job. It's not great, but I've gotten some really nice photos out of it, especially while traveling. However, it's starting to die (the focus doesn't work anymore) and I really want to get back into using a "real" camera. I'm researching what's out there today and what's good for a beginner, and have been thinking about just buying a used camera to get back into the groove of everything. But I really loved that Disney camera I used! If they are still in existence, I would love to find a used model.

So if there are any former PP CMs out there, or any guests who just payed a particular interest in what the photographers were using, does anyone remember which Nikons we had?

If I remember correctly (was NOT a CM), it was the Nikon D70 with a Nikkor 18-70 lens.

However, that is an almost 20-year old body at this point. Dependding on condition, maybe $100. Which can include some HARD use. I would seriously consider something, anything that is no more than 10 years old. In the long run, probably a more financially sound path.

Technology is changing fast, so I would not recommend buying a camera more than a couple years old. In just a few years most dSLR cameras will be replaced by mirrorless designs. Use it before it becomes obsolete!

-Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter