Calling all DIS Friends of Disney-ite, Smackeralchick, Dlandchick and Peanutpoohbear

Happy Saturday!!!
It was so nice to see you and Street last weekend for your birthdays.
Have fun at the "Happiest Place on Earth" - Disneyland!!!
See you soon...Hugs!
:lovestruc

Hi everyone:wave2: Hugs:hug: Hope everyone's having a great summer :) We have been out of school for almost a week, woot! :banana: We are all doing pretty good here, trying to keep cool :faint: My last chemo went well, I was able to go back to school for the last couple days to sign yearbooks and stuff like that :thumbsup2 There's less than a year until chemo's complete, which is quite exciting! party: :jumping1: :rainbow: Thanks for all the support everyone! It means so much to me and my family. I would also like to thank everyone for all their birthday greetings. You guys are the best!

Hugs and pixie dust,

Land princess:

Big happy Thursday hugs!! I am so bad for not posting here in a while -- I sort of lost things around the board. :( No excuse!! I'm glad for the times we see each other in games. :) :)

I hope you are doing well my friend -- thinking of you and your family always. :hug: :hug:

Hi Land and family!!
Happy Summer to you guys. I'm so glad you were able to make it to the last few days of school. That is great!
I hope this last year of chemo fly by for you and each treatment goes as easily as possible. You are one tough chick and a super hero in my eyes!! Big hugs!!

Do you guys have any fun summer plans?? I hope we can meet up at DLand again. We love hanging out with you all.

Kallie is going to tennis camp, VBS and volleyball camp this summer. We've been swimming alot in this heat and going to the beach too. 52 days until we board the Magic again. We can't wait!

Hugs to your family!

Hugs land and fam!

I hope you had a wonderful 4th of July weekend. Alas, all good things must come to an end I guess...but does it have to come so soon?!

Just wanted to let you know you're not far from my thoughts. Miss you!

Hi everyone! I hope you're having/had a great summer :beach: We are doing well, trying to keep cool. I switched steriods last treatment (from decadron to prednisone), and it doesn't make me feel as yucky :sick: Yay! I have my next treatment Friday, and it's a spinal tap, chemo, and steriods.

We haven't really done much this summer, mostly just hanging around and relaxing, enjoying no homework and stuff. We, of course, having a Jonas Brothers fan in the family -coughPEANUTcough-:rolleyes: watched Camp Rock. Peanut loved it! She now also loves Demi Lovato too. She said it was even better than High School Musical! :eek: I thought it was okay, the first time :rolleyes1 Peanut enjoys playing the music loudly over and over and over again, especially in the morning.

We also went to Disneyland with some cousins and stayed overnight, which was cool. Toy Story Maina is so much fun:3dglasses! I think it's one of my favorite rides at DCA. We went on it several times during our trip.

Thank you guys so much for sticking with us, even after VMK closed :sad2: We miss it so much, but mostly because of the friendships we made. We miss you all! Have a great week :)

Hugs and pixie dust,

Landprincess:

Dear Land, I'm so glad that you are doing ok these days -- it's amazing to think that there is less than a year left to your treatments. You're such a strong young lady...you will get through this. We all all looking forward to seeing you and everyone next year -- wooohooo! It will be one heck of a party!

Love you to you family...with a big batch of pixie dust for continued health along your journey...

Love, Days & Monkey~
pixiedust: :hug: pixiedust: :hug: pixiedust: :hug: pixiedust: :hug: pixiedust: :hug: pixiedust: :hug: pixiedust: :hug: pixiedust: :hug:

Oh Land sweetie, I was so happy to read your post. I think of you often. Even my family ask about you and sends healing PD and prayers your way. Hugs from one of your fans and cheerleaders.

P.S.
How is "Hope and Charity"? Have they been on any adventures lately?

Hugs land and fam!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!! Thinking of you all lots and often!

Hope to see you all sometime soon :hug:

I hope everyone had a good summer. It really flew by for us, and I have to say I think I reveled in the freedom from projects and homework as much as the girls did.:woohoo:

But alas, we are back to the grind and Chelsea's teacher's have assured all of her classes that 8th grade is the MOST IMPORTANT, MOST CRITICAL FOR COLLEGE ACCEPTANCE, MOST GRUELING YEAR so far. Great.:eek: :scared1: :scared: :sad1:

Chelsea's next chemo/steroid pulse is Monday, so I guess we (and her teachers) will see how much she misses and how hard it is to catch up. Hopefully I won't have to beat up any of the teachers :rolleyes1 , but one must do what one must do in the name of motherhood :angel: .

To all of our east coast friends, STAY SAFE AND DRY IN THIS HORRIBLE HURRICANE SEASON!!!!:grouphug: :upsidedow :scared: pixiedust: ::yes:: :duck:

Hugs Land hope your treatment is going well. You are in the final stretch:thumbsup2. Six more months I think wow that will be an awesome day. :cheer2:

Hope school is not too draining on you. I do not think grade 8 is the be all and end all to get into a good college. Just consentrate on staying healthy and getting better.

Hugs think about you alot. :hug:

Hi everyone! Hugs!! Hope you're all doing all right. I miss seeing you all on VMK :( Sorry I haven't updated for a while, I have been so busy with schoolwork :teacher: and stuff.

Treatment has been going well. I now get less spinal taps, which means less hospital visits :woohoo: We're very happy about that, even if that means we don't get to see those wonderful nurses as much. Mostly, I am getting I.V. chemo, which is an outpatient, quick-stop-at-the doctors-treatment, and steriods. Prednisone, my new steriod, is SO much better than the old one. There is less mood swings, less tiredness, less body aches, etc. I haven't been missing as much school as last year, so hopefully that will continue. What I wish would not continue is all the homework teachers give. Some of my friends have been up until one in the morning working :eek:

However, even with all the work, we managed to fit some fun stuff in. For instance, Mom managed to get tickets to the Concert for Hope, which was a benefit concert for the City Of Hope, a cancer research/hospital facility. Who were the performers you ask? Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, and the JONAS BROTHERS!!!!! :scared1: :lovestruc :scared1: Peanut had SUCH a great time, and I did too, surprisingly. They all sounded pretty good, and Peanut was barely in her seat! She was too busy dancing and singing :banana::dance3: And FYI, Mom and Dad's hearing was not permenantly damaged by all the "OMG!!!! I LOVE YOUS!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :cloud9:

Halloween this year was pretty quiet, we went over to Disneyland and rode a few rides. Peanut and I aren't big candy eaters, so we didn't really care if we didn't get that much :) (Mom thinks she must have gotten the wrong kids from the hospital since she :love: chocolate)This year, I was a pirate pirate: and Peanut was a Jonas Brothers fan. Anyone sensing a theme here? :rolleyes: :rolleyes1

I hope everyone had a nice Halloween and Veteran's Day weekend (thanks to all our troops and people who have/are serving), and have a great rest of the week! Thanks for sticking with us! :grouphug:

Landprincess:

Miss you guys!!! Glad to hear you're doing ok, Land. We're counting the days until we see you all again! Big hugs to everyone! :hug: :hug:

Hi Land and family!
Thanks for the update....its so great to hear how you are doing...and the family too!
WOW & OMG to your concert for Hope tickets.....Nice score for Mom, Huh?? Woot! Glad you had a good time. I hope school continues to go well and it is so great to hear you are missing less & less this year!!
Hope to see you guys soon!!

Hugs Land :hug: Glad to here your treatments are getting better. So what is the count down now for no more chemo :) Ok two things you should know about most (not all) but most females. Diamonds are a girls best friend and chocolate comes a really goes second. Now not all can afford diamonds but everyone can indulge in chocolate. :)

Sorry for so much homework. Have you made it to elf island yet. Say hi to peanut for me.

:grouphug:

Happy 2009, everyone! We hope everyone had a joyous Christmas or Hanukkah. It went by fast and now here we are, already into a new year. We thank everyone for continuing to stick with us :grouphug: (except bad old Disney :mad: , who closed VMK and made our sweet world disappear...)

The girls are already busy with homework, and Land is having a slow recovery from her December 30 round of chemo. Her end of treatment is the first week of May :yay: :woohoo: One of Land's fellow patients, an 8 year old named Jack, was on the Tonight Show last night. He became obsessed with cooking while he was in treatment for a relapse of Leukemia, and has done fundraising as a celebrity chef. Maybe it'll pop up on YouTube.:happytv:

Land has updated Lady Hope's blog. That crazy bear and bunny!:cutie:

Woot for friendship!

Smackeralchick

Hi and hugs to you all!
Thanks for the update.....you guys are always on our minds and in our hearts! Sorry to hear this last round of chemo has been tough. Thats a bummer! I'm so excited to hear that the end of treatments are just about here!
I agree about the holidays coming and going so fast.....actually life in general is like that lately around here! Oh what I would do for an extra few hours each day! School started this week for Kallie & Parker too.
Seeing your snowman picture in your signature makes me miss VMK even more. I really miss it during the holiday times!
Happy Windsday to you guys!! I hope we see you in 2009 for sure!!

Hey i know its been eons and eons since i last dropped by, but I wanted to let Land know, we haven't forgotten her. Good things happen in May, so we'll look forward to it together : )

hugs Land, hang in there kiddo.

Happy new year Land and Peanut, and Mom and sister to mom.

So nice to see the counter till land is done chemo :) Wishing this be a fast healthy rest of winter so we can be celebrating in the spring :)

Big hugs you can see the tip pf the mountian now :)

Just perusing the boards and wanted to drop in and say hello and big hugs to you. Glad to read that it's going ok. Miss all of you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!