Called guide about Aulani offered VGC

Unless my math is way off or I am missing something, that's $70 per point! And it's VGC? I am surprised DVD let it through ROFR at that price.

LAX

I’m 100% certain they weren’t talking about VGC. Definitely OKW or SSR at that price.... The one I’m shocked by was the VGC that supposedly passed at $115/pt this year!

I’m 100% certain they weren’t talking about VGC. Definitely OKW or SSR at that price.... The one I’m shocked by was the VGC that supposedly passed at $115/pt this year!
I'm pretty sure @ITALIANANGLO69's points were haunted so they sold at a discount. Or he bought BCV by accident. Sound similar enough, right? VGC... BCV. I can see that happening.

Either of those options are more plausible than the story we're being told. Need name of broker to confirm story... and to know to who to buy through in the future.

I'm pretty sure @ITALIANANGLO69's points were haunted so they sold at a discount. Or he bought BCV by accident. Sound similar enough, right? VGC... BCV. I can see that happening.

Either of those options are more plausible than the story we're being told. Need name of broker to confirm story... and to know to who to buy through in the future.

Correct, I was not talking about VGC for $70 a point. I was comparing the value of buying another property for such a lower cost. To me, buying any points anywhere (regardless of value, real or perceived) is not something I would do. Sorry for the confusion.

So I’ve been on the waitlist for VGC for a few months now. I called my guide in Hawaii about adding the 25 Aulani points. He just called back saying my VGC waitlist came through. Weird.
What a stroke of luck (even though some might think not after the price increase rather than before). I found this totally interesting because I spoke with our guide yesterday and he told me that even after the price increase they are still not allowing them to waitlist VGC. So is the price increase to discourage people to even attempt a waitlist...or maybe to try to get through the waitlist? Our guide said they stopped the waitlist because people were waiting for “years”.
On a side note I am getting way to addicted to these dis boards lol

So is the price increase to discourage people to even attempt a waitlist...or maybe to try to get through the waitlist?

It's because (A) they can, and (B) it'll push up the price of new DVC attached to DL hotel #4 in 2021 (which is coming regardless of contrary opinion).

It's because (A) they can, and (B) it'll push up the price of new DVC attached to DL hotel #4 in 2021 (which is coming regardless of contrary opinion).

With VGC already at $235, I can't imagine how much that new DVC will be priced at by the time it goes on sale!

LAX

Talked to my guide yesterday about trying to get VGC and he laughed... Guess that's not happening

Talked to my guide yesterday about trying to get VGC and he laughed... Guess that's not happening

Maybe not before the "deadline", but I don't think it would be impossible at that price tag unless you are looking for a large number of points.

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!