California Switch

bnlbebes

Mouseketeachers
I have a reservation for the Disneyland Hotel in late June, but am now thinking of switching to the Grand Californian. Would it be worth the extra points? Did I miss the fact that the points for DH Premium View and Grand Californian standard are only 3 points different, or were they really just recently reduced?

We visited DL in May and stayed at the GC. We paid cash instead of points as the DVC points had not been lowered yet. If you are used to WDW resorts, I would highly recommend the GC. It is the most conveniently located DL resort and the theming is very much what we have become accustomed to at WDW.

I will be staying at the Grand Californian in about a month. I'm very excited.

From purely a point perspective, it makes a lot more sense to stay at the Disneyland Hotel because the number of points needed to stay there - with the 50th anniversary discount - is a pretty good deal. However, I splurged for the extra points to stay at the Grand Californian because I love the design/decor there so much. (I've decorated my apartment in that same style.)

It all depends on what's most important to you: the most economical use of points or a little extra luxury.

I am a new DVC member and I live in San Diego. If you are going to use points then use them for GC. You can always find deals for the other two hotels but the GC is always expensive. It also has the best character breakfast of all the hotels. DD is great from the GC and you can see the fireworks great from the hotel without all the crowds at the park. Hope that helps.

The last reply is what pushed me to make my decision to switch.

I am always concerned about getting the best value for my points, so if the Grand Californian is the place that gives the least amount of discounts, that's the one I'm going to try!

Thanks for the replies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter