California DVC Announcement

BWV Dreamin

DIS Veteran
What happened to the California DVC announcement that was supposed to happen around June 11th? Any news/rumor if this is still going to happen?:rolleyes1

Just rumors...just rumors...nothing announced. Latest I heard was that it was on hold until Iger approves DL master plan.

There was some speculation that an announcement COULD be made then. I think nothing will happen until the spat with Anaheim is all settled. The city councel meeds again on July 17th (ironically Disneyland's birthday) to review the news that Disney has collected enough signatures to place a referendum on the ballot to solidify the Resort area zoning. The City will decide either to let the voters decide, or drop the plans. Once Disney and Anaheim make up (which they will) I expect an announcement soon after.

I suspect the same thing that happened to the announcement on January 24 of this year -- it didn't happen.

:cool1: me too...we use our pts at DL Grandcalifornian all the time since we live in SanDiego. Wish they would hurry up with getting a resort here for DVC

With the recent situation with Disney and the city of Anahiem in regards to land I'm betting we won't here any announcement until that dispute gets settled.

Disney is asking the city of Anahiem not to build a large low income housing community near Disneyland. Disney wants this space for future expansion; however, the city of Anahiem needs the low-income housing. Just speculation on my part, but it kind of makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter