BWV - Things for kids

drakethib

DIS Veteran
We have been a dvc memeber for quite some time but have never stayed at BWV. We will be there in a couple of weeks and I am trying to find some of the things outside of the ordinary that they do at the resort, for instance, I heard they do smores on certain evenings.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance !

Boardwalk doesn't do smores. The Beach Club does movies on the beach - you can walk over. Boardwalk has entertainment in the evening. They have a community hall with crafts, video games, a foosball table (or something).

They had a campfire while we were there in July. We had lots of fun at the community hall.

BWV is our home resort, and we love it! :thumbsup2

Community Hall is fun with games, crafts, and a movie showing. You can also rent movies there. Our boys loved this in July 2010 for our afternoon breaks! They were 3 and 5 at the time.

In the evening, there are entertainers on the Boardwalk. We saw a sword swallower and a juggler. The boys loved both.

The whole area is just beautiful, to take a walk in the evening, to ride the boat around the resorts and to the theme parks (DHS and Epcot)...the boys liked using the boat.

You could also rent a surrey bike...we didn't get to do that last time but we would like to maybe next time (this coming summer).

The boys also enjoyed the Boardwalk Bakery treats and Seashore Sweets (they got ice cream there).

Enjoy your trip...I can't wait to go back to BWV in July! :goodvibes

Boardwalk doesn't do smores. The Beach Club does movies on the beach - you can walk over. Boardwalk has entertainment in the evening. They have a community hall with crafts, video games, a foosball table (or something).

Actually there is a movie and campfire with smores every night at BWV now, or at least that was true Oct. 22 - 29. In the Welcome packet was a really nice weekly, double-sided, professionally color printed list of the daily craft schedule at Community Hall, the pool game schedule, the movie schedule and the time of the campfire. I don't remember this from previous visits but it is possible we got one of these flyers in the past and I didn't bother to look in the Welcome packet.

Actually there is a movie and campfire with smores every night at BWV now, or at least that was true Oct. 22 - 29. In the Welcome packet was a really nice weekly, double-sided, professionally color printed list of the daily craft schedule at Community Hall, the pool game schedule, the movie schedule and the time of the campfire. I don't remember this from previous visits but it is possible we got one of these flyers in the past and I didn't bother to look in the Welcome packet.

Cool! Where do they do the campfire? It hasn't been there in the past (although we've never taken the time to do so, I've always understood we'd be welcome over at the Y&BC).

Cool! Where do they do the campfire? It hasn't been there in the past (although we've never taken the time to do so, I've always understood we'd be welcome over at the Y&BC).

The campfire was near the grassy area between the Luna pool and the villas. DH and I don't pay much attention to this stuff but I don't ever remember seeing this before. But then we had to cancel a trip so had not been at BWV since last December. There were not many folks watching the movie nor were there many at the campfire. I wouldn't mind doing the campfire when we go back in January (if they still have it) but our October trip was just too busy.

Definitely smores and a movie at BWV. We were there Oct 25 - 27.

Depending on the age of your kids, we always enjoyed the quiet pool/community hall combination. We would hang out by the quiet pool and our kids would alternate between swimming...ping pong...video games....crafts...etc etc. Peace for the parents, plenty for the kids to do within your eyesight. A perfect combination. We aren't fans of the "big" pools so this worked perfectly for us. When they got older they added renting bikes to the mix.

In the evening we could stroll the Boardwalk and be entertained, grab snacks, etc.

Although we love the parks, we love the resorts more. There are vacations that we don't see the parks at all. BWV's is a good place to provide entertainment for those who need it and quiet for those who need that.

Thanks for this post. We are staying there for the first time in Feb (and shared points with other family members who arent' die hard Disney fans) so it will be nice to know there will be other things for them to do there ;)

We have been a dvc memeber for quite some time but have never stayed at BWV. We will be there in a couple of weeks and I am trying to find some of the things outside of the ordinary that they do at the resort, for instance, I heard they do smores on certain evenings.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance !

The girls really like making Tye Dye Mickey head shirts at the pool one day. The community hall has things also.

You will get an activities list when you check in.

http://www.*********************.com/activity-outdoormovie.php

You can also walk over to the Beach Club if they have a movie you would enjoy more.

Denise in MI

Definitely smores and a movie at BWV. We were there Oct 25 - 27.

Depending on the age of your kids, we always enjoyed the quiet pool/community hall combination. We would hang out by the quiet pool and our kids would alternate between swimming...ping pong...video games....crafts...etc etc. Peace for the parents, plenty for the kids to do within your eyesight. A perfect combination. We aren't fans of the "big" pools so this worked perfectly for us. When they got older they added renting bikes to the mix.

In the evening we could stroll the Boardwalk and be entertained, grab snacks, etc.

Although we love the parks, we love the resorts more. There are vacations that we don't see the parks at all. BWV's is a good place to provide entertainment for those who need it and quiet for those who need that.

Our last trip was very limited parks trip(1day) and it was an awsome vacation.

Denise in MI

The girls really like making Tye Dye Mickey head shirts at the pool one day. The community hall has things also.

You will get an activities list when you check in.

http://www.*********************.com/activity-outdoormovie.php

You can also walk over to the Beach Club if they have a movie you would enjoy more.

Denise in MI

Oooh, I hope they do the tie dye Mickey shirts next June when we are there! Does the schedule tend to be the same from week to week?

Always wanted to do Jellyrolls (piano bar) but it doesn't open until 8p and doesn't 'heat' up until 10p which is late for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter