BWV studio near the elevators?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
If we stay at the BWV we would do a studio
DH is convinced of staying at the BWV
He said we would not do the pool, but once or twice (we are in our 60's - not fat bodies, but not skinny teens either) - so the quiet villa pool is fine with us.
He wants every day to be in the theme parks.

What about rooms near the elevator?
Are they noisy ?
What is the standard view?

We would reserve the standard studio at the BWV at the 12 month mark with Davids.
The 4 drawers are fine for us.
We would keep the table and 2 chairs up and not use the pull down bed.
We would want a normal bathroom, not handicapped.

We would reserve the standard studio at the BWV at the 12 month mark with Davids.

Worth mentioning: They cannot book until 11 months, and won't have an owner lined up in advance of that 11 months. Budget for Pool/Garden, as depending on season that is much more likely for renters.

The Standard View is tennis courts, the luggage dock, parking lot.

There is only one bank of elevators at BWV, and they're near the lobby. I'm not sure any of the Standards are close to the lobby.

The BWV standard views are mostly along the front of the resort. A lot of them overlook the driveway up to the front door. The standard rooms could be close or farther away from the elevator. We stayed in a standard room once, a few years ago. I thought the room was very nice and did not notice a lot of noise from the elevators, but I don't recall how close our room was to the elevator.

If we stay at the BWV we would do a studio
DH is convinced of staying at the BWV
He said we would not do the pool, but once or twice (we are in our 60's - not fat bodies, but not skinny teens either) - so the quiet villa pool is fine with us.
He wants every day to be in the theme parks.

What about rooms near the elevator?
Are they noisy ?
What is the standard view?

The 4 drawers are fine for us.
We would keep the table and 2 chairs up and not use the pull down bed.
We would want a normal bathroom, not handicapped.

I know you said you're booking standard view and it is a great money/point saver.

But since you're asking about the elevator ---

I would suggest to book preferred garden/pool view (not Boardwalk view unless you want it) and have the owner request the village green view on the reservation. All the rooms there are very close to the elevator, unlike some standard and boardwalk view rooms that can be quite the walk. There is also a good chance that you will get it as the majority are studios there. That makes them close to the lobby and stores as well. Village green is the area on the terrace/porch side of the BWV.

No rooms in the BWV are sitting directly across from the elevators so noise is not a big worry. I've been in the first room in from the elevators in the village green area and heard very little.

Last edited:

Since standard rooms are hard to get - we may pay more for the garden pool view
I will ask for the village green view
Thank you for the suggestion ! :)

Since standard rooms are hard to get - we may pay more for the garden pool view
I will ask for the village green view
Thank you for the suggestion ! :)

Also it might be worth it to check in early, if you can, and simply ask at the front desk if they were able to find a village green room for you.

Have a wonderful vacation.

I love standard rooms. But over the years many have become total tree views. And I don't mean that trees are somewhere in your view, near your balcony. I mean some are trying to come into your room. Laughing.

Last edited:
I know you said you're booking standard view and it is a great money/point saver.

But since you're asking about the elevator ---

I would suggest to book preferred garden/pool view (not Boardwalk view unless you want it) and have the owner request the village green view on the reservation. All the rooms there are very close to the elevator, unlike some standard and boardwalk view rooms that can be quite the walk. There is also a good chance that you will get it as the majority are studios there. That makes them close to the lobby and stores as well. Village green is the area on the terrace/porch side of the BWV.

No rooms in the BWV are sitting directly across from the elevators so noise is not a big worry. I've been in the first room in from the elevators on the village green area and heard very little.
This is exactly what I was going to suggest as we had a room there in January and it was a partial boardwalk view where we were. The view was wonderful and I loved being so close to the lobby.

Enjoy your trip OP!!:flower:

OP, I would suggest that you have the owner put village green on the requests like I said, but if you do online check-in (various stories but I've always done well with it) I would not put in any other requests on it. Bypass that part.

Why?

One vacation, at the Polynesian, all my requests went poof two weeks to arrival. I just happened to phone in and check on something and was told I had no requests listed. The CM commented that they had issues with online check-in requests overriding Member Services original requests. Who knows where the truth lies. But I would do one request by the owner - village green/high floor (if you want it of course) and call it a day.

Last edited:
We've had a villa right by the elevators (it actually was an HA villa - pool/garden view) and I did not find it noisy at all except for the pool noise as it looks right out on the main pool. But that was fine. I enjoyed that room and view far more than I ever would have expected to.

Village green is very nice if you can get the request filled.

But FYI - Boardwalk view is the exact same number of points as pool/garden. We usually book that otherwise it's standard view. If you were able to get a room at 11 months it might also be a consideration although it does place you furthest distance possible from the quiet pool.

Close to the elevators for the standard views CAN DEFINITELY be noisy. Noise doesn't come from elevators, but from the outside.

Those near-elevator standard villas overlook the BAGS luggage area - the beeping from luggage trucks backing up and luggage banging around can start very early - 5 am. Also, the idling of ME and DCL buses can be annoying. The closer to the elevators, the more nose you will hear from the hallways - people talking, kids running, parents parenting, etc.

That makes them sound terrible - they're not. But I would not request close to the elevators for standard view and expect quiet - at least not compared to those farther down the wing. YMMV.

we were above the Baggage area a couple of times. Didn't bother us that much.

Where exactly is the village green area? I have a 9 night stay booked for a pool/garden view for March. I never put in requests except upper floor but my last 2 stays we were at the end by jelly rolls. It’s a long walk after a day in the parks.

Worth mentioning: They cannot book until 11 months, and won't have an owner lined up in advance of that 11 months.

This is true, but David's will begin to accept requests at the 12-month mark and that (in theory) puts one's request higher in David's queue. It does still come down to supply at the time the 11-month window opens. No points available; no reservation filled. But, if there is high demand at David's and a few points that meet the criteria of the request I would think this would be worthwhile.

This is true, but David's will begin to accept requests at the 12-month mark and that (in theory) puts one's request higher in David's queue. It does still come down to supply at the time the 11-month window opens. No points available; no reservation filled. But, if there is high demand at David's and a few points that meet the criteria of the request I would think this would be worthwhile.

"Being higher in the queue" doesn't mean a lot in practice. When they send out live requests to registered owners, it's not First In-First Out. Owner gets to pick and choose based on dates, points needed, and a good number also will skip over requests that may be more difficult (like a BWV Standard in October). People think it's FIFO, but it's really not.

"Being higher in the queue" doesn't mean a lot in practice. When they send out live requests to registered owners, it's not First In-First Out. Owner gets to pick and choose based on dates, points needed, and a good number also will skip over requests that may be more difficult (like a BWV Standard in October). People think it's FIFO, but it's really not.

Or BW Standard at all.

Knowing that those rooms are in demand with members, and not having any issue renting my BWV points when I want with an ordinary preferred view, I have decided that all my future rentals will be preferred view only. I'm not booking Standard or Boardwalk for renters - its the least I can do for my fellow members.

I'm also never renting my BW points over Food and Wine, they'll go for the same amount of money in April or May with the same amount of effort from me. And perhaps more non-BWV home resort members will get a F&W reservation.

I rented points through David’s for a standard studio back in January of 2015. I think their policies have changed since then, but we got our reservation almost exactly 11 months out. Our room was on the third floor overlooking the entrance. We enjoyed watching guests come and go. It was close to the elevator, but not at all noisy.

Where exactly is the village green area? I have a 9 night stay booked for a pool/garden view for March. I never put in requests except upper floor but my last 2 stays we were at the end by jelly rolls. It’s a long walk after a day in the parks.

The Village Green is the large grassy area that sits between BWV and BWI outside the lobby on the boardwalk side. Majority of the BWV rooms there are above the Wyland Galleries.

All the pool/garden view rooms there are studios and you get a partial view of the boardwalk and higher floors can see the upper level Epcot fireworks. If you request the Village Green area with pool/garden view, you should also request higher floor. What you want to avoid is the second floor directly above the Wyland Galleries because those rooms have no real view at all from the balconies because the views are blocked by the arches above Wyland Galleries.

The Village Green is the large grassy area that sits between BWV and BWI outside the lobby on the boardwalk side. Majority of the BWV rooms there are above the Wyland Galleries.

All the pool/garden view rooms there are studios and you get a partial view of the boardwalk and higher floors can see the upper level Epcot fireworks. If you request the Village Green area with pool/garden view, you should also request higher floor. What you want to avoid is the second floor directly above the Wyland Galleries because those rooms have no real view at all from the balconies because the views are blocked by the arches above Wyland Galleries.

Great!! Thank you for the detailed information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!