• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying on Saturday

Eeyore2142

Mouseketeer
Hi all. I am new to DVC. DH and I are biting the bullet and buying into AKV on Saturday. Great marketing concept of Disney to open the Doorway to Dreams store 10 minutes from my house.

I am nervous about making the leap, but I think it will be the best thing considering how often we visit WDW.

One question - I keep seeing all these waitlist posts. Is it really hard to get a room? Have you even not gotten something?:scared:

We have never been on waitlist before, we have always been fortunate. From what I have seen there are certain room types and certain times that really affect the waitlist. Example would be a double queen studio at BCV. There aren't to many of them. If you buy at AKV you would be wise to use your 4 month window for booking AKV over non AKV owners. We called in right at the 11 month window and got 1 br savannah without any issue.
Isn't doorway to dreams awesome!!!!!!! :thumbsup2 We live in Champaign, but we are at woodfield all the time. There are quite a few DIser's up there as well.:cool1: :cool1:

Congrats and Welcome home:cool1:

We typically book day to day at the 11 month or 7 month window and have yet to have a problem. I don't know if it is really necessary, but I just prefer to do it that way. The worst problem we have ever had was when some of our guests (whom had been asked well in advance) decided pretty late in the process (about two months out) that they really did want to join us. We simply changed our reservations at OKW to a 2 bedroom, but waitlisted at BCV. About a week before we left, our waitlist came through, and this was at the tail end of F&W.

We own at 3 resorts so that we can avoid waitlists as much as possible.

Door Way to Dreams is awesome. The model room sold us. From now on will visit the store and do a little pin trading. :woohoo:

Congrats on your purchase! :yay:

While lots of people always call at the 11 and 7 month windows, I'm not one of them. I'm one of those people who doesn't know what they're doing tomorrow until tomorrow comes. Having said that, I've never had a problem getting a room using my points. A few times it was not exactly what I wanted, but I always have managed to get something and then waitlist for what I really want. We always go during F&W in November and so far have always been lucky that our waitlisted accommodations came through.

If you're a better planner than I am, you should have no problems at all booking your rooms.

It's done!!

Thanks for the welcome home. I cannot believe we actually did it. Now is time to plan the next trip - I am thinking May. We cannot believe we are actually be staying at Animal Kingdom (or another nicer resort) instead of the values.:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter