Buying a new MB?

As bands can not be reassigned you will need to make sure you are buying bands that have never been assigned to anybody first. I would think most on Ebay will be resellers so you will probably pay more then direct from Disney for most bands, but they will probably have bands that can no longer be purchased from Disney. I know they had special limited edition Fort Wilderness MB a couple years ago that I believe sold for $50. Those bands are now selling on Ebay starting at $150. I would think same will go for Amazon.

I have always gotten mine through Disney with a room reservation. But If those special Fort Wilderness one were a heck of a lot cheaper I would get one from Ebay, more to display when I get my MB display finished. Though I would use it if it was linkable. They went on sale during Covid and you could only buy them at The Fort and they would only put out a few each day. I contacted a Disney Reseller on FB and they refused to go to the Fort to buy one for me, apparently they didn't want to make a few more bucks. My cousin was a CM at the time and they wouldn't even let her drive into The Fort to buy one.

It's been a few years since we were last at Disney, but our MB's were part of the Disney room package they apparently no longer offer. I would never buy one from Ebay since there are way too many scams unless you are only buying it to display (i.e. some limited edition) and not actually planning to use. As mentioned above, you can't reassign a used MB, so hoping what some random online seller tells you can be unreliable.

We found them fun to wear while at Disney but consider it more of a throw-away item we would have no other use for. If we ever go to Disney in the future, would likely only buy our MB's through Disney.

It's been a few years since we were last at Disney, but our MB's were part of the Disney room package they apparently no longer offer.
Correct, they are no longer "free" as part of your package. When booking a room/package now you can buy them at a pre-arrival price. Most are priced $10 less then retail and currently a couple are $15 less and one is even $20 less.

If you want a MB as some sort of "keepsake" to me would be different from buying it to use during your next Disney trip. Some may want to collect limited edition MB's to display at home. Those you can probably buy anywhere if you find a price you like. I would not buy a MB that I intend to use during a future Disney trip from any third party.

I purchased from ebay for our January trip for my mother in law and my son who lost his. Bought MB2s and paid about 14 dollars each. Just make sure they are new. I wasn't willing to pay much more than that. The rest of us reused bands from 2019.

Bought my most recent MB through WDW as part of my resort reservation. It's a MB2 and it was $9.99, including shipping. Not a bad deal at all.

We always get them via the discount offered with room reservations. That discount was larger than we could find anywhere else.
I would think most on Ebay will be resellers so you will probably pay more then direct from Disney for most bands, but they will probably have bands that can no longer be purchased from Disney.
Some of those ebay resellers are buying them on clearance or at Character's Warehouse so their pricing can be better than Disney MSRP.

I just use my old ones, and will continue to do so. I still get pictures from rides automatically to my MDE account, but don’t care that much if that part stops working.

I bought a bunch of shopDisney for my nieces and nephews, and my son and husband’s at Disneyland parks. The selection was way better at Disneyland. Now I want the free ones that everyone has been getting for the last week at Disneyland (with proof of magic keys), but I am 5+ hours away. I wish they would mail one to all Magic key holders!

Ok, to totally hijack this thread, when I read the subject line I thought you were talking about a new Mercedes Benz (MB)
😄

I bought one for my son for our upcoming trip directly through MDE since the last time we went, he had a kid size. I plan on using my old MB for our trip.

I thought it was motherboard. Which would make zero sense here.
Haha, My Mercedes comment also made zero sense. I'm into cars which naturally led me there. I bet you must be in the Tech field since you followed the motherboard line. Funny stuff

Been building my own custom PC's since 2001.

We shall see if my *mb* from 2021 still works enough for at least partial functionality to get round. I found it quite useful but dont really want to spend another $40 - $50 for a new one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter