Butts in the Park

lovewdwfun

Mouseketeer
Just got back and I guess I'm old-fashioned, but so was shocked at the newest style - young women wearing shorts with literally half of their butt cheek sticking out of the bottom. We had a particularly awkward time at a character meal when a young woman (could not have been 18 yet) had a good portion of the bottom of her butt cheeks hanging out of her shorts. Every time she got up to meet a character, we had to see half of her butt. This was very awkward due to her age and the fact that I needed to be careful to keep her out of the background of my shots. Apparently, this is not against the WDW dress code. I guess I am out of touch of what is considered acceptable in a family park. I wish Disney would start enforcing some guidelines, particularly in restaurants. We also had to go to security because my kid learned the "f" word from someone's shirt.

All in all, it was a great visit, but please check the shorts on your 15-year old daughters. It just seems very creepy to me that someone would be standing like that in line right in front of older men.

Last edited:

I'm a teacher, as is my husband, him in high school, and myself in elementary. Dress code is a constant discussion at school and I'm so bored with it. I really think on vacation people should mostly be able to dress as they please. I'm a very conservative dresser, but it doesn't bother me or make me uncomfortable when others don't dress as I do. I also don't want someone coming up and measuring the length of my shorts while I'm touring parks.

Disney has lots of rules .......... lots of rules they don't enforce. Last few trips was full of pull coolers, pull backpacks, wagons, selfie sticks, and more dangerous items than clothes, that should never made it through security. It's going to have to be WAY over the top clothing before anything is said. WAY over based on what I have seen.

I agree I don't want to see buttocks especially at my table and plenty of other things we get to see ........ but rather than get upset about it and bother security about things that do not make you unsafe ......... use it as a teaching moment for your child as to what is offensive to you and why, how you want them to make choices based on your beliefs or standards and hope they absorb that. I would much rather teach my child about something than hide it from them.

Last edited:
Just got back and I guess I'm old-fashioned, but so was shocked at the newest style - young women wearing shorts with literally half of their butt cheek sticking out of the bottom. We had a particularly awkward time at a character meal when a young woman (could not have been 18 yet) had a good portion of the bottom of her butt cheeks hanging out of her shorts. Every time she got up to meet a character, we had to see half of her butt. This was very awkward due to her age and the fact that I needed to be careful to keep her out of the background of my shots. Apparently, this is not against the WDW dress code. I guess I am out of touch of what is considered acceptable in a family park. I wish Disney would start enforcing some guidelines, particularly in restaurants. We also had to go to security because my kid learned the "f" word from someone's shirt.

All in all, it was a great visit, but please check the shorts on your 15-year old daughters. It just seems very creepy to me that someone would be standing like that in line right in front of older men.

That's a health issue - and should be addressed. Who cares if you see it, who wants to sit where they just sat, with their private parts hanging out and touching seats? And I'd hope they get the other end of the butt covered as well - upper butt crack was quite visible on our trip a few weeks ago. All ages, sizes, genders...

Why was another person's body such an issue for you? We all have butts:) I always find this stuff smacks of body shaming of women - like dress codes that make anyone think their shoulders are a distraction or some such silliness. Its their bodies, they should be able to do with it as they please unless its illegal or against park rules.

In short - an offensive Tshirt is against the rules, short shorts aren't, so maybe just go about your business?

Not at all. I think they should, but I also know there are a lot of creeps in the world and a lot of people at Disney. I personally wouldn't want pictures of my daughter like that ending up on the Internet.
Here is the problem.

It may very well end up on the internet, with no evil intent. Someone may take a picture of something/someone else, with your daughter in the background. It goes on facebook, twitter, instagram or where ever. And there your daughter is, in all of her glory.

And of course someone could take a picture, "look at what this crazy chick was wearing AT Disney." And there it is all over the internet.

If you don't want it on the internet, don't wear it. And if you have no problem with wearing it, then there is no shame.

I don't like to see butts hanging out either. I guess it's not my business, I just don't like seeing it.

I'm not sure how WDW would enforce a dress code stating no short shorts. I think they expect folks to use their own judgement, as to what is appropriate park attire, and what's not. What's appropriate for someone else, may not be appropriate for me.

Why was another person's body such an issue for you? We all have butts:) I always find this stuff smacks of body shaming of women - like dress codes that make anyone think their shoulders are a distraction or some such silliness. Its their bodies, they should be able to do with it as they please unless its illegal or against park rules.

In short - an offensive Tshirt is against the rules, short shorts aren't, so maybe just go about your business?

We cover our butts for health reasons - to keep people with STDs from spreading the wealth, to keep E.coli and other friends at bay as much as possible, etc. So if the cheeks are hanging out, so are some of the other parts. No need to toss the slut-shaming out there - for health reasons, keep the orifices covered!

We cover our butts for health reasons - to keep people with STDs from spreading the wealth, to keep E.coli and other friends at bay as much as possible, etc. So if the cheeks are hanging out, so are some of the other parts. No need to toss the slut-shaming out there - for health reasons, keep the orifices covered!

cheeks are not orifices

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!