Busses to parks

TexasTerri

Earning My Ears
Hi all. I’ll be at FW cabins in 10 days. We will have a golf cart and ECV. I’m confused about where to go to catch the bus to the parks. Is it the Outpost Depot, or Settlement Depot? Also, I have an ADA cabin reserved, but I really don’t need a roll in shower, just a ramp for the ECV. Does that exist? If so, What loop should I request to be closest to the buses to the parks? Thanks.

Hi all. I’ll be at FW cabins in 10 days. We will have a golf cart and ECV. I’m confused about where to go to catch the bus to the parks. Is it the Outpost Depot, or Settlement Depot? Also, I have an ADA cabin reserved, but I really don’t need a roll in shower, just a ramp for the ECV. Does that exist? If so, What loop should I request to be closest to the buses to the parks? Thanks.

Take an internal bus from the Settlement or your loop bus stop, to the Outpost for another bus to each of the parks with exception of MK. Take the boat from the Settlement dock for it.

Someone else can chime in for info about cabins!

Have a great trip!

Last edited:
I’m confused about where to go to catch the bus to the parks. Is it the Outpost Depot, or Settlement Depot?

You take an internal bus from wherever you are with in the Fort to the Outpost, reception area to go to the parks. Unless going to MK like NOM said, then take the internal bus to the settlement and boat to MK.

TO go to epcot, dhs, ak, you can take your golf cart to outpost. The person on the ecv can catch the internal bus or just drive the ecv to the outpost depot.

TO go to Mk, you would go to the settlement and go to the boat dock or catch a bus that will go to wilderness lodge then to mk. Again you can take the golf cart down to the settlement if you want. Or take the internal bus. There is an internal bus stop directly across from the 2500 loop of cabins.

The outpost is closer to the cabins then the settlement is.

The only restriction with the ECV is you have to catch the Large boat to MK. So if headed to MK I would make sure I was up extra early if you wanted to make the first boat, catch the internal bus to the Settlement, then head to the dock.
_MG_0676-1.jpg

Having an ADA Cabin with a ramp (there are other types of ADA cabins without a ramp) should put you in the 2800 loop as I believe only that loop has the cabins with the ramps. I also believe that the cabins with ramps only come with a roll in shower. The good thing about the 2800 Loop is that it's close to the Outpost with great sidewalks for the ECV so you won't need to take the internal bus there. It's .3 miles from the front of the loop and .5 from the back of the loop to the Outpost. It should also be quicker as you don't have to wait for the Internal Bus driver to come back, lower the ramp, secure the ECV, get the ramp back into position and do the opposite at the Outpost. We have been in the 2800 loop twice and found it quicker walking to the Outpost then waiting for a bus, especially if you just missed one.

Of course for getting to the MK as others have stated you need top get to the Settlement. That would include the internal bus for the ECV or there are sidewalks and paths if you want to drive the ECV and it's 1.1 miles from the front of the loop and 1.4 miles from the back of the loop to the Settlement for the quickest route.

If you really don't want a roll in shower you could get a regular cabin and keep the ECV outside as there is a plug out side the cabin for plugging in a gold cart and ECV. You could cover it with a tarp at night so it doesn't get wet from rain or dew. However the ADA roll in cabins are a bit wider then the other cabins so you get a bit more space.

Actually there is such a thing as a Cabin with a ramp and regular bathroom. Just request it on your reservation and call to remind them 2 or 3 days prior to arrival.

Actually there is such a thing as a Cabin with a ramp and regular bathroom. Just request it on your reservation and call to remind them 2 or 3 days prior to arrival.

Hmmm interesting. I was told that there was not as I requested exactly that a couple years ago when making my reservation. We wanted to be able to store the ECV inside and didn't want to take up a roll in for someone who needed one. I asked and they said all cabins with ramps have a roll in shower. It was a couple years ago during the last refurb so maybe something changed since then.

According to the pictures on the WDW website, the "Florida Special" accessible cabins show an exterior ramp but do not have the roll-in shower. I don't have first-hand experience to know if that is a mix-up with pictures from the wheelchair accessible cabins, though, which do have roll-in shower (and would also have an exterior ramp).

Just to note, though... "wheelchair accessible" and "Florida Special accessible" are specific booking categories. These features may not be available simply by adding a request to your reservation.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter