Busch Gardens Food and Prices July 2009

Pax

Prodigal Poster
Busch Gardens Tampa's food availability and prices have been mentioned a couple times recently on this forum, so I thought I'd try to help out if I could since we're there at least monthly. We took pictures of the current menus and price boards around the park. The park was open until nine for reference where closing times appear.

The Busch Gardens Tampa web site's dining section is located here:
http://www.buschgardens.com/bgt2/Explore/Restaurants.aspx
I'm going to list the eateries in the same format here for easy reference. I'll also go ahead and let you know now that a couple of these pictures are pretty bad. In some cases I was taking pictures through lines of folks, and I'm just not that good at it in general. Any pictures that appear “good” are completely due to the capabilities of the camera. I also still have giant copies of the images if someone sees something they just can't make out. This guide may also be edited for accuracy. I hope it helps someone.

Busch Gardens Tampa Food and Prices July 2009

Up Close Dining

Crown Colony Restaurant
“Experience family style dining overlooking the wild Serengeti Plain.”
menu 1 menu 2 menu 3 menu 4
We love eating here for the view, and the food isn't bad. It's also extremely reasonably priced and accessible for a theme park full service restaurant.

Desert Grill
“Mealtime and show time create a perfect time for all.”
menu 1 menu 2 menu 3 drinks
It sure isn't the old Festhaus, but there's still a show to be had with your meal and it's cool inside. This would also be where some of those terrible pictures I mentioned are. Sorry everybody. It gets better.

Family Favorites

Bengal Bistro
“Satisfy your appetite after you explore the jungles of Jungala.”
menu 1 menu 2 drinks

Crown Colony Cafe
“Relax over casual fare served with elegant flair and a view of the Serengeti Plains.”
menu 1 menu 2
This is the quick service eatery beneath the Crown Colony Restaurant. There is a bar with spirits that is hit or miss on being open. I hit it on a day it was closed. It was missed. No pictures either as it was curtained off.

Garden Gate Cafe
“Gaze at the flowers and overlook the gardens while enjoying freshly prepared pizza and sandwiches.”
menu 1 menu 2
Now you can get a “Tampa Sandwich”...normally called a “Cuban”. I haven't tried it here, but in a town known for them, I'd probably have one elsewhere if at all possible. If you try it, get it pressed. It's how it's done.

Zagora Cafe
“Get a hearty start with breakfast and come back again for a variety of healthy alternatives for lunch and dinner.”
menu 1 menu 2 menu 3 drinks patio bar
Alas, we only got information from lunch/dinner here and don't know what the breakfast offerings are. I may update if I find out. We usually stop across the path at Sultan's Sweets for morning coffee, etc., so I actually had no idea Zagora served breakfast.

Zambia Smokehouse
“Savor enticing aromas and the air of excitement.”
menu
By “air of excitement” they mean the frequent screams from the passing SheiKra trains. I think this is currently our favorite food in the park. Maybe we've been lucky but the food has always been excellent for us. There has been indoor seating here for a couple years now. Head around to the right after you pay and look for the door. My wife likes the brisket, and I like the...everything? It's far, far better than it's sister restaurant at Sea World. Seriously.

Quick Bites

Garden Gate Terrace
“Stop by for a snack and relax with an Anheuser-Busch Beverage.”
drinks adult drinks
Somehow it seemed more relaxing when the beer was free. Still a nice spot to hang out for a bit though. Just take it easy on the servers.

Jungala Market
“Discover a market filled with satisfying delights.”
...and then let me know what it's like because we missed this one. My apologies.

Kenya Kanteen
“Embark on a Nairobi snackin' safari.”
menu
They have funnel cakes. They also have funnel cake sundaes. They are warm, cold, sweet, messy deliciousness. Why are you still sitting there?

Oasis Snacks
“The most discerning nomads quench their thirsts here.”
menu soft serve
I'm not kidding. Get thee back up to Kenya and get a funnel cake. You can get drinks here later.

Orang Cafe
“Watch the orangutans while you cool down with a soft serve treat.”
menu soft serve drinks drinks

Sahara Snacks
“Weary wanderers can find fast refreshment here.”
menu
Sahara Sampler: corn dog, chicken strips, onion rings, and fries $9.89
Vacationing with a cardiologist Priceless

SheiKra Sweet Treats
“Celebrate conquering SheiKra when you get your feet back on the ground.”
menu 1 menu 2 menu 3
Right. Now here's your last chance. Funnel cakes must not be missed, contractually speaking. Check the fine print on your airline ticket. It's there. I included the inside menus as there are a couple minor additions.

Snack Dragon
“Douse a dragon's fire with a delicious icy treat.”
menu
Parents with money tend to follow running children. Busch Gardens knows this. This snack stand is smack in the middle of Land of the Dragons. Good luck newish parents. Get used to it.

Sultan's Sweets
“Sultan's Sweets”
menu pastries
While they may not give it a very clever tag line, this place deserves it. Fudge, pastries, coffee, and enough candy to make a dentist shiver. I'll prove it!
The fudge 2 3 4
The pastries 2 3
There's also a bulk candy display in case you can't eat enough at the park and want to bring something home.

Extras

There are a couple places not mentioned on the official site that I thought I would post info on also.

Nairobi Dippin' Dots Creamery
“Dots. Lots of Dots. Lots and lots.”
menu flavors and toppings
Located in...well...Nairobi...this place had the best Dots offering we passed so I figured it was worth a mention. Do Dippin' Dots have fans?

The Ice Cream Parlor
“Twelve flavors of soft serve between you and the exit.”
menu 1 menu 2 flavors
This parlor is right next to the Moroccan Theater. The shows are much better when you have ice cream too.

The Watering Hole
menu drinks
This place is near Gwazi and besides popcorn and nachos, lives up to the name.

Village Snacks
“Last minute churros anybody? Anybody??”
menu
This stand is across from the entrance so it gets you coming in and headed out.

The Oasis Guest Lounge
sign
This may be a new thing. But they were advertising it thusly throughout the park.

Pax

Throwing in my thanks, too. Even though we are over there a lot I never eat at most of the CS places so now I know where we could eat if we get the All Day Plan when we go. That is the best menu on the dis now. Current with all the prices of everything offered. WTG!

Mmmm food. Im getting hungry thinking about those meals at Sea World. I bet they are fantastic, especially since you pay a lot for them.

Most excellent job!:worship::worship::worship:

This is exactly what is needed to price out the all day meal plan's worth for an individual or family.
Fantastic!

This should be bumped up daily!

The counter service food at the Busch parks is better than you'll find at pretty much every major park out there,if you just look at the desserts for example you get a huge slice of very good carrot or chocolate cake for like $3 that looks and tastes like homemade,over at MK at Cosmic Rays I ordered this little chocolate thing that came in a plastic container that was obviously shipped in and had been frozen for who knows how long.Look at the corned beef sandwich at the Desert Grill,it's big enough for two and served with potato salad.Universal and Disney have a few decent CS places but overall quality and what you get for the money Busch tops them both.

The Oasis Guest Lounge is brand new, it's like the old brewmaster club.. only for everyone.

they offer discounted food during the day, and comp drinks... though it was closed the day I went past it last.

Sure :)

It's at the front of the park in Morocco, across from the KaTonga building. It's very hard to miss as you enter the park, especially if you head to the right.

Food's better at the Smokehouse though ;)

Pax

Sure :)

It's at the front of the park in Morocco, across from the KaTonga building. It's very hard to miss as you enter the park, especially if you head to the right.

Food's better at the Smokehouse though ;)

Pax

Thanks. I guess that one won't work as I'm not walking back to the entrance to eat lunch. LOL! I wasn't impressed with the Smokehouse last year. My husband and kids did like it but we always try to eat at different places. How about the Colony Cafe? Or maybe, the new Dine with Elmo if it's open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter