Bunny & Oppa / 1st Timer plans a Disneymoon but cancels SBP Escape wedding pkg *06/11

Oppa Picks Out His Ring in No Time

On January 26th, after enjoying lunch together at a local hibachi place, Oppa and I randomly decided to look at rings for him since we were so close to the jeweler.

We meandered around for just about five minutes before he tried several on and identified that gold would be damaged too easily in the course of his work. Instead of getting a soft metal, he wanted to get a titanium ring, which was also cheaper -- a factor he did not hesitate to point out. I would claim that he's adopting my frugal demeanor, but that would be inherently untrue! We're talking about a man who prices out the value of items based on video games. He says a good quality video game should offer at least 60 hours of enjoyment, and purchased at $50, that's $0.83 per hour... He feels the buyer should get at least one hour of entertainment per dollar spent. That's kind of a tall order, right?!! :lmao:

He must not have put our WDW trip to the video game test; if he had, he would realize we're spending about $10 per hour of entertainment at the WDW themeparks, accounting for just our park tickets & the park hours. :rotfl2: Maybe it doesn't count because it's our honeymoon. Or maybe it falls into our exceptions category, just like going to the movies about once every 2-3 months, because that's certainly more than $1/hour of entertainment too! For that matter, so is eating out! Eating out is our biggest weakness of all; we're total foodies, but not in a snobbish way.

As for the ring, I kept pointing out neat designs, but Oppa wanted a really simple band, so he ended up choosing one that looks just like this:

titanium_zpsdb571548.jpg

Only 10 minutes had passed in total. I asked him if he wanted to think about it a bit before I bought it, but he said, "Nope! Ring it up!" So there you have it... That was easy.

I love the invitation. I'm not at in the least surprised people are using Disney artwork for personal gain and profit, it's just so easy. As an aside all those etsy finds are really cute. I love that first invitation and the calligraphy is so cute!

The keychains are really cute idea for a favor, I especially love the idea of the vial with the personal message inside. And a keychain is definitely more useful than a figurine.

I love that you chose the Contemporary and it had a whole little family history for you! That's amazing that your great-grandmother stayed there. I've been reading up on a lot of Disney history lately and it's my new "goal" to stay at the Contemporary. It's a pretty utilitarian resort in terms of themeing, but it really feels like a vital part of Disney's vision and goals for the future, anyway I digress!

We use Small World as well and have had really great experiences with our travel agents. They do monitor those discounts and apply them to your reservation when they apply. And it's amazing your agent was able to pull whatever strings and get you the room you really wanted! And mousesavers is fantastic too, saved a bunch using them after this latest ticket increase. (Thanks Disney, just in time for my wedding guests to buy tickets!)

And I agree with your analysis of the Dining Plan. My DF and I have been auditing our past couple trips to compare our spending habits on the DDP and without. The DDP ends up costing us a few dollars extra than paying out of pocket, but then you consider how many half eaten desserts we tossed out that we never would have ordered anyway.... not worth it.

The Disney honeymoon registry is really sketchy. The service fee to maintain the website is pretty ridiculous considering how many times I hear other brides complaining about the site not working. But the Amazon wishlist sounds like a really good idea for a registry! I'd love to hear how it worked out later on!

I love the invitation. I'm not at in the least surprised people are using Disney artwork for personal gain and profit, it's just so easy. As an aside all those etsy finds are really cute. I love that first invitation and the calligraphy is so cute!

We ordered the return address stamp from her last night! I'll be posting details in the near future.

I've been reading up on a lot of Disney history lately and it's my new "goal" to stay at the Contemporary. It's a pretty utilitarian resort in terms of themeing, but it really feels like a vital part of Disney's vision and goals for the future, anyway I digress!

My great-grandmother always talks about how turquoise the rooms were, but I can't find old photos that show this. I've been looking for a while. If you ever come across them, send them my way!

And I agree with your analysis of the Dining Plan. My DF and I have been auditing our past couple trips to compare our spending habits on the DDP and without. The DDP ends up costing us a few dollars extra than paying out of pocket, but then you consider how many half eaten desserts we tossed out that we never would have ordered anyway.... not worth it.

The Disney honeymoon registry is really sketchy. The service fee to maintain the website is pretty ridiculous considering how many times I hear other brides complaining about the site not working. But the Amazon wishlist sounds like a really good idea for a registry! I'd love to hear how it worked out later on!

Thanks for saying this on the DDP and the registry. Sometimes I feel like I come across as a Disney nag on the forum here because I keep calling out WDW. I'm super psyched about going for the first time, and I loved my brief time spent in Disneyland as a kid, so the parks really do make my happy. It's just some of the ways they manipulate and take advantage of people that bothers me -- and it's not just them, obviously, it's lots of companies/corporations these days.

I decided to use the wallpaper image as a backdrop for our personal invitation. (I changed our names for DISboards; the mickey logo was over an "i".)

ScreenHunter_01Jun102322_zpsce5ba65a.gif

(Photobucket didn't want to upload it well; it kept changing the colors on me, and I finally got away with a slightly grainy version here. In Photoshop, it's crisp.)

I love that font! What font is it? Thanks!

Terrible News

I'm behind on my updates again. I wasn't sure whether to continue, but I probably should, even if my decision may not be a popular one on this forum.

You all already know I did cancel my SBP wedding plans, so you must have assumed I found another venue and an officiant. I went with my church and my pastor... And it is with great sadness that I tell you all my pastor died last weekend while on vacation with his family. The news Monday morning was a shock, and I have spent the week grieving. My pastor knew me well and made me feel welcome in church for the first time in my life. I had really looked forward to the ceremony he would write for us and even doing marital counseling. So this is a big blow.

I will try to resume my posts soon so that you can see how the wedding planning played out, where we're at now, and what we have planned for the honeymoon.

I love that font! What font is it? Thanks!

Are you referring to the font used for most of the invitation or just for our names? LMK.

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your pastor! That is heartbreaking!

Brooke

I just found your thread and wanted to express my condolences on the loss of your pastor. Subscribing to see how everything turns out for you and congrats on your engagement.

Terrible News

I'm behind on my updates again. I wasn't sure whether to continue, but I probably should, even if my decision may not be a popular one on this forum.

You all already know I did cancel my SBP wedding plans, so you must have assumed I found another venue and an officiant. I went with my church and my pastor... And it is with great sadness that I tell you all my pastor died last weekend while on vacation with his family. The news Monday morning was a shock, and I have spent the week grieving. My pastor knew me well and made me feel welcome in church for the first time in my life. I had really looked forward to the ceremony he would write for us and even doing marital counseling. So this is a big blow.

I will try to resume my posts soon so that you can see how the wedding planning played out, where we're at now, and what we have planned for the honeymoon.

Are you referring to the font used for most of the invitation or just for our names? LMK.

I'm so sorry!! :(

Disney Wedding or Not, please continue to update- I hope you guys have an amazing wedding. You're pretty creative so I know it will be.

I was asking about the font for most of the invitation. Thank you.

It's just 25 days until our wedding now and 26 days until our honeymoon in WDW! Life has been so hectic and busy. It looks like I won't be continuing our tale until we return. Just wanted to drop a quick note to let everyone know. I will have a lot to share and a lot of pictures, too! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter