Budget Friendly Dutch Oven

colormegreen

Mouseketeer
hello there,

I have been searching for a Dutch oven that is budget friendly. I know there are some that are $300+, but even though I wish I could Gift this to this special person, it is simply not in my price range. I don’t cook in them, so I am clueless as to what brands work better and don’t peel. Help! And is there a difference to the enamel? Some don’t have it in the name title so don’t know if it makes a difference...

I am looking for one for myself. I'm not going to spend a fortune either so I'd like to see what others think.

I have 3 cast iron dutch ovens with enamel and 1 regular cast iron dutch oven that is not coated. One of the enameled ones was a no-name given to me by a friend who was moving, and she bought it second hand at a yard sale. It's a large, round pot shape and works perfectly. DH gave me a 5 qt. Le Creuset frying pan shaped dutch oven, which I use almost daily. It's my frying pan, saute pan, and dutch oven. It regularly goes in the oven. My mom gave me a Rachel Ray oval one for Christmas that she got on sale at Kohls/Boscovs (I can't remember which). This also works very nicely. I don't use it as often because of the oval shape on the stove top, but it holds more than the other two.

The non-coated dutch oven sits in the back of my cabinet because I don't feel like cleaning the darn thing! This was a hand-me-down from DH's mother, and it may have been his grandmother's pot. I can't get rid of it, but I don't use it.

My own $.02....buy cast iron, buy enamel, don't worry about the brand. I would make sure the lid is oven proof...the knob in particular. I was looking at one and the knob was only oven proof to 200 or something ridiculous like that.

Sam's Club has one on sale for $29.98. It has a 4.7 out of 5 rating from 411 reviews.

I bought one 10 years ago at Aldi for $10 or $15 and it's still in great shape. I think I bought it around Christmas time, so you might want to keep an eye out if you have an Aldi nearby

off brand ones are usually fine..... just be aware as a pp noted of the handle and oven temps...since these babies are great for oven cooking. I got a lovely big orange one a couple of years back on clearance at Macys, i think it's Martha Stewart brand ,cost about $35.... I like the fancy ones to but no way am I paying that for a pan lol

I have Martha Stewart and Lodge cast iron dutch ovens. The non-enamel Lodge can be a pain to clean, so I usually opt for the enameled Martha Stewart. I also have an enameled Lodge, but I have had issues with it chipping (I have used it a LOT). As others have mentioned, make sure the handle is rated for high heat.

I'm not sure where you are located, but there are a handful of Lodge outlets, and they have decent prices. My in-laws live in Tennessee, so when we visit, I make sure to take a trip to the outlet.

I have an enamel coated Food Network one from Kohls that I love. I've probably had it for 7 or 8 years and no chipping yet. They are priced pretty reasonably.

I bought one 10 years ago at Aldi for $10 or $15 and it's still in great shape. I think I bought it around Christmas time, so you might want to keep an eye out if you have an Aldi nearby
My husband mentioned wanting one and I just happened to find one at Aldi the other day. $29.99. I have no idea of the quality, as it's still in the box, so this is good to read.

Sam's has a set of 2 for $60. I believe it has a 5qt and a 7qt in the set. They were the enamel covered cast iron.

My mom got my Martha Stewart enameled one about 8 yrs ago from Macy's. It has held up well-there is some staining on the inside and the screw that holds the handle to the lid loosens sometimes, but overall I'm super happy.

I have an enamel coated Food Network one from Kohls that I love. I've probably had it for 7 or 8 years and no chipping yet. They are priced pretty reasonably.
I bought one about 4 years ago and I love it. It was on sale as well.

IMG_8514.JPG
My husband mentioned wanting one and I just happened to find one at Aldi the other day. $29.99. I have no idea of the quality, as it's still in the box, so this is good to read.
This is the one I mentioned. Says on the side it is oven proof to 400 degrees.

we have 2, both Lodge brand, bought from Amazon warehouse deals, for about $25 each. Use them on the stove and oven a ton

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter