Brought own wizarding robes

We bought the ones from Rubies, available on Amazon. It depends on what you're looking for though. They are inexpensive. They're made of a lighter weight felt-like material. Nicer that they're lighter weight in the FL heat (I don't know how people wear the heavy Uni ones in the parks for any length of time). The material is definitely not satiny liked the park ones and the is no wand pocket (or at least there wasn't when we bought them two or three years ago). They do have a clasp but it's not permanently attached on either side so both of ours are long gone. The material also pills up over time. But my kids have worn them to Uni twice and at Halloween twice. There may have been a stray day here or there when they wore then around the house. For that little amount of use it was definitely not worth it to us to shell out $200 (they do each have 2 interactive wand though so I'm inconsistent on that).

If you want lighter weight, acceptable quality, and inexpensive they are a good option. If that's not what you're looking for, others probably have better suggestions.

I ordered from wish.com About 25 dollars including shipping. They have a wand pocket and are decent quality. They are lined with the house color, though the Slytherin Green is a little more on the teal side. They are not the greatest things, but for my 8 and 10 year olds (who will destroy them anyway), they are perfect.

Link to the one I ordered is below
https://www.wish.com/product/57ea411ec27f8a3f51123dc3

I converted my plain black college graduation robe into Ravenclaw robes. I bought a patch at Universal, though I still can’t understand how a raven was allowed to be used as Ravenclaws animal. :confused3 I purchased a small package of blue cloth at Walmart for a few bucks and made the inside of my sleeves blue to just before the elbow. That was one book to movie change in costumes that actually made sense. So if you have any old graduation robes, or maybe see some at a thrift store, thats a cheap alternative.

I bought a Halloween costume at Target and it worked great for both Halloween and several days in the parks. With Target's new Harry Potter theme section in the stores, they seem to have the Halloween-type robes out already. I saw quidditch ones at our store, too (but unfortunately not the right size -- I'll have to check another store).

I bought a Halloween costume at Target and it worked great for both Halloween and several days in the parks. With Target's new Harry Potter theme section in the stores, they seem to have the Halloween-type robes out already. I saw quidditch ones at our store, too (but unfortunately not the right size -- I'll have to check another store).

Sorry to hijack, but whereabouts in Target is this theme section? I've missed this...

In the remodeled stores, it's where the Mickey themed section was. I think it's right at the front of the store in the remodeled ones I've been in. I haven't yet found it in the non-remodeled stores. They had stuffed nifflers, HP comforter sets, etc. in the remodeled store I was in, and there's a theme section online as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter