Bronchiolitis in Babies

Ds had rsv when he was 5 months old and it was awful. We had to do the nebulizer treatments for about a week and the medicine made him wide awake. He was in daycare at the time and got sick every other week. Ear infections, pink eye, and other run of the mill viruses. He built up a strong immune system and now at 9 he gets just minor colds and coughs. He hasn’t had a sick day at school since kindergarten, knock on wood.

Poor baby! They’ll take good care of him. Does his room have a bed so you can stay with him?
It has a recliner. It was a long night for me, but I think he sounds better maybe? His oxygen saturation is staying at 95 or higher. I’m scared they are going to send him home today.

He is back home. He definitely sounds better. They didn’t have to do anything for him at the hospital except give him an antibiotic for the ear infection, fluids, and suctioning him. Everyone is telling me he will be fine, but my anxiety has taken over and I just want to cry.

That is awesome that you are back home! The first time my DD had rsv, we had to stay 7 nights in the hospital because she got pneumonia I struggle with anxiety too so I know how you feel

:grouphug: It's probably worse since you're tired and run down. Hang in there, you're doing great. These times are so hard when our kids are little! Just thinking back to the illnesses and hospitalizations when my kids were young make me shudder. Hopefully he's moving in the right direction now.

He is back home. He definitely sounds better. They didn’t have to do anything for him at the hospital except give him an antibiotic for the ear infection, fluids, and suctioning him. Everyone is telling me he will be fine, but my anxiety has taken over and I just want to cry.

Having a sick baby is stressful. Don’t be too hard on yourself.

Take a deep breath. Be sure to rest yourself. I hope your baby is better soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts