Brita Water Bottles (Filters) How long are they "good" for ?

• Thread starter ~Magical Princess~
  • Start date
M

~Magical Princess~

Hi, we had bought Brita Sport Water Bottles back in 2000 and used them for our trip and were wondering would it be possible (we've had them packed back in their original boxes) to use them again if we ran water a couple of times through the filter ?

Don't mean to sound like that is a gross question, but we are just wondering if they are OK or if we should get new filters. Thanks.

They say that if you run water through them several times then you should be ok. However this is if they have been sitting over 30 days, not a few years.:D Just to be on the safe side I would buy a new filter, your water isnt something you want to play around with. NEver know what has been growing on the filter in a year.... but I am kinda a worry wart when it comes to things like that.

You need to get new filters. I believe their expected life is only 6 months. We used our in 2001 and got new filters for the trip in 2002. They were relatively inexpensive (compared to getting sick from contaminated water). :)

I'd get new ones. The filter in my refrigerator has to be replaced every 6 months. I think the carbon "deactivates" or something over time.

Are these individual water bottles that you use in the parks? Or, are you talking about the large ones that go in the refrigerator? I was just wondering, because if they're individual water bottles, this sounds like a great idea!

Any idea of where I can purchase these? Do they come with a strap to carry them?

Thanks for your help! :D

You can purchase the individual water bottles at Target and places like that. They are great. I did a Girl Scout event this weekend and the water at that place is NASTY! The water bottle made it taste fine (and since we had a heat index of over 100 degrees, I drank LOTS of water!)

Thanks so much~ Off to Walmart to buy new filters! Yes these are the "sport bottles" (i.e., individual) and they are AWESOME when it comes to filtering out that little bit of "off" taste that Florida water sometimes has.

They run around $6 - $7 per bottle at Walmart, however if you have a "Big Lots" around, they supposedly have one by Rubbermaid that's only like $2 or $3 I think .....

Good luck and thanks guys! :)

Thanks for the quick responses everyone!! :D

Are these bottles heavy? Are they a hassle to tote around the parks?

Thanks again fellow Disers! :wave:

The bottles are not very heavy at all. We just returned from WDW and used ours every day. I purchased a neoprene holder for ours that you could attach to your fanny pack or add a strap to.

You can buy the holders and straps at any camping supply store.The neoprene holders can be used with any water bottles and do a good job of keeping the water cold.

They not only did an excellent job of filtering the water so that it tasted great but we didn't have to buy bottles of water at all as we could just keep refilling these with ice water all day at the parks.

Each person carried their own bottle hooked onto a fanny pack. In the July heat I would never go without one!

In Canada we purchased ours at Canadian Tire, they are not available at our Walmart. They were sixteen dollars a piece and I used our Canadian tire money to purchase them so that I wound up paying 6 dollars for all three bottles!

Definately change the filters though!

Hope this helps someone!

Rooth

another dumb question but where in the store are they located? with the rubbermaid or with the bottled water section. thanks:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter