Bringing 6.5 yo dd to WDW at thanksgiving. BC or BWI resort?

ChicagoJ

Mouseketeer
how likely is it we’ll be able to swim thanksgiving week? Which resort is better for that age, beach club or boardwalk? We’re doing two days at MK, one day at Epcot and on resort day in the middle. She’s just about to Star swimming lessons now so she won’t be a strong swimmer but loves the pool.

You will be able to swim at Thanksgiving time. All the pools are heated too so even if it’s a little cooler, you can still enjoy.

I think either resort will be great for that age.... my dd is a terrible swimmer and she had a really great time with the pool slide, sandy beach area, whirlpool etc at the Beach Club. As for the Boardwalk, the atmosphere & design is quite whimsical. Little girls love it. These 2 resorts are our favorites and have stayed at both multiple times. We usually base our decision on where we can find the better price.

I will say that we have a hard time convincing my dd not to spend all her time at the pool when we stay at BC/YC. Something to consider if you are pretty set on your game plan

BC has access to the Stormalong Bay pool however Boardwalk Inn does not. That's what made our Epcot area hotel decision easier this coming July. We are traveling with 3 kiddos this trip and I recall from last summer's trip that a fun pool was a big calling card for them. In the past we've stayed at Poly and Stormalong Bay pool has features similar to Poly and then some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter