Brightline High Speed Rail

mikelan6

World Traveler, Usually Optimistic
On Saturday we took the new Brightline High Speed Rail round trip from Fort Lauderdale to West Palm Beach. Next month, it will start service to Miami. It was a great ride. Eventually, Brightline will go up to Orlando Airport's Intermodal Center that is being built, which will be very convenient for some tourists to Walt Disney World.

Here's the video I created so you can see what it's like. I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for watching.

On Saturday we took the new Brightline High Speed Rail round trip from Fort Lauderdale to West Palm Beach. Next month, it will start service to Miami. It was a great ride. Eventually, Brightline will go up to Orlando Airport's Intermodal Center that is being built, which will be very convenient for some tourists to Walt Disney World.

Here's the video I created so you can see what it's like. I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for watching.
Unfortunately, the earliest it could get to Orlando is 2020, and that's an optimistic estimate. Construction to the north has not started yet.

But it's a start. I think the US could use a high speed rail network.
I agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, the residents of the towns along the route between Cocoa & Palm Beach say "NIMBY."

If Scott hadn't been elected governor 8 years ago, we might have been riding true HSR to Tampa by now. Brightline is actually classified as Higher Speed Rail, because it's proposed top speed (which will only be attained between Cocoa & Orlando) is not quite fast enough to qualify as HSR.

I'm waiting for the Miami link to open before making the 3 hour drive to Palm Beach, but all reports I've seen are that the trains and stations are very nice & comfortable.

And the price per person one way was ? & Return ?

Time of Departure ?

And the time of the journey was ?

Thank you for this great information

Nice job with the video! And, for those of you up north...sorry about the weather!

Brightline had a real horror show their first week, but everything has been good since. I'm looking forward to taking it once it opens here in Miami. I haven't been following their construction progress, but the last time I went by their downtown station it didn't look like it was anywhere near done. We'll see.

And the price per person one way was ? & Return ?

Time of Departure ?

And the time of the journey was ?

Thank you for this great information

Thank you. Brightline is currently offering several promotions. We paid $20 per person, round trip in Select (First) Class. It takes 40 minutes station to station.

Thanks for sharing mikelan6. I'm in walking distance from the Fort Lauderdale station. I've thought about trying out Brightline, but I haven't found much reason to go to West Palm Beach. I thought about taking it to see something at the Kravis Performing Arts Center, but I can't get home after an evening performance. Hopefully they will add later trains once the system gets expanded.

I'm looking forward to the Miami station opening. Downtown Miami holds more appeal to me than West Palm Beach.

Brightline had a real horror show their first week, but everything has been good since. I'm looking forward to taking it once it opens here in Miami. I haven't been following their construction progress, but the last time I went by their downtown station it didn't look like it was anywhere near done. We'll see.

Although I'm in favor of this project, the added noise in my neighborhood has not been pleasant. I'm a long way from the tracks and the horns blowing at the Sunrise Blvd crossing is loud. Due to the stupidity of those pedestrians, I get the feeling that the promised "quiet zones" might never end up happening.

Thanks for sharing mikelan6. I'm in walking distance from the Fort Lauderdale station. I've thought about trying out Brightline, but I haven't found much reason to go to West Palm Beach. I thought about taking it to see something at the Kravis Performing Arts Center, but I can't get home after an evening performance. Hopefully they will add later trains once the system gets expanded.

I'm looking forward to the Miami station opening. Downtown Miami holds more appeal to me than West Palm Beach.

Although I'm in favor of this project, the added noise in my neighborhood has not been pleasant. I'm a long way from the tracks and the horns blowing at the Sunrise Blvd crossing is loud. Due to the stupidity of those pedestrians, I get the feeling that the promised "quiet zones" might never end up happening.

I am just down the line from you in Aventura and am also expecting to hear the horns as they pass by. I already hear the freight trains when they pass.

There were quite a few people on the train who went up to Palm Beach for the St Patrick's Day festivities as well as some who went to Spring Training baseball games.

I thought it was an E-ticket ride.

Too bad the Miami leg isn't open yet. Ultra starts Friday!

I'll undoubtedly be downtown at some point during Ultra, so if I get a chance I'll go by the station and give an update on the progress.

Appreciate the video Mike. It will be interesting to see how that works out to Orlando.

I enjoy riding by train when it works into our schedule and so far this train experience is looking good even though I'm tittering a bit about the white seats.

Thanks for the update. Based on their performance to past predictions, they'll probably start serving Miami sometime in July or August. :)
Yeah, the May goal seems pretty optimistic to me as well. The station construction doesn't look anywhere near complete yet from the pictures I've seen. I haven't been by there.

All trains are sold out between WPB & MIA on 5/19 & 5/20.
Not surprising. The prices are almost giveaways, and there's not much going on in Miami until the following (Memorial Day) weekend. I actually thought about taking a train ride myself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!