BREAKING NEWS - Princess Storybook Breakfast

Kitster

Crazy about Stitch
…Starting this coming Sunday, Disney's Princess Storybook Breakfast at Akershus in Norway is adding 70 minutes of operation time from 10:30 to 11:40 a.m., and by doing so, is ceasing lunch operations. Hundred of seats are currently available to book at the breakfast, which was previously sold out.

I wasn't sure if this had been posted previously. I found this tidbit while reading a MousePlanet blurb tonight.

We always have lunch in Norway. Lunch runs until almost 4:30, so for $9.99 for adults we thought it was the best meal deal in epcot. Dinner is so much harder with the kids. Boo Hoo :(

Jenny

I agree, bummer! I mean, it's nice that there will be more Princess availability for the kiddies, but lunch at Akershus is one of the best kept secrets at Epcot, in my opinion. I'll miss it very much.

In the end, lest we forget, it's really all about money.

KC:earsgirl:

We did the Stoybook Breakfast last year. My DD's (4&5) loved it. This will be a must for next trip. We think this is priceless princess perfection.

:wave: :wave2: princess: princess:

We are booked for 11/22 at 11:40 ::yes:: . I never did have the lunch at the restaurant (and have not the PSB before either), but for our family thios is great news! We had been shut out of character meal PS for our upcoming trip, but not anymore :bounce: .

Yes, this move certainly is about the money. I am certain that Disney feels it is serving its guests better AND increasing revenue by ending a "best kept secret" and replacing it (sort of) with a character dining experience that they are sure to book to capacity at all times.

Akershus is not Disney Owned so they probably have to pay Disney for the Princesses presence. But they can charge twice as much for breakfast than lunch so im sure it is very profitable.

I know they are not Disney owned because I couldnt get them to credit back $125 of PS No-Show money. It was my fault because I didnt have the cancellation # but the other Disney owned restauarants I had the same problem with refunded my money because I provided phone records and other proof that I called to cancel.

Thanks! I was able to get one of the new seating times for next Thursday!

Coming out of lurkdom to say THANKS for posting this info! You've made a little girl very happy (and her mom, too!) -- we were able to get PS this morning for our upcoming trip in December.

Milou, funny what gets lurkers to pipe in! Welcome to the DIS!!! I have a feeling that once you start yakking here you will start to enjoy it....Lacee BTW, we may have to try this breakfast sometime:)

Well it ruins our tradition of a quiet lunch at our favorite restaurant for years but it's all about the $$$ isn't it. I guess it will force to find a new spot...ooh Canada for lunch is where I'll be. We'll just start from the other side now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter