Breadworld Brigade Recipes

I am now a signed up person on that site........Thanks again

These are awesome! My dd's elementary school has a honeybee as a mascot, so I'm thinking of some real creative things I could do with the beehive!!! :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing! It's been awfully cold here the past several days (actually Fall weather!!! ;)) & it has me thinking about baking bread again. ::yes::

I just signed up, but had trouble with the coupons. :( I got an error message after the coupon installer ran but before it printed the coupons....and then it shut down the browser. :( Anyone else have a problem? Now I can't get back to the print coupons options. :confused3

I have had problems trying to print out the coupons before. You might trying clearing the cookies out of your computer and trying again. I think they send a link with each monthly newsletter for coupons, too.

This one is not a Breadworld recipe but I think it is worth sharing:

No-Knead Refrigerator Rolls

2/3 cup canola oil
1 Tablespoon salt
2 cups warm water
2 packages dry yeast (dissolved in 1/4 cup warm water)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup wheat germ
2 eggs
6 cups all-purpose flour

Mix oil, salt, water, yeast, sugar, wheat germ, and eggs in a large bowl. Add flour 1 cup at a time, stirring after each addition. Cover with plastic wrap, and place in refrigerator for at least two hours before using. This dough lasts up to five days in the refrigerator. To bake, make 2-inch balls from the dough. Place them in a large greased cake pan, about 1-inch apart, and cover with a damp cloth until they double in size. Preheat the over to 375°. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Invert pan to remove rolls, serve warm.

This recipe can also be adapted for sweet rolls or pizza or last minute baking.

This one is from King Arthur Flour. It's Moppin' and Soakin' Bread:

That's mopping, as in mopping up stew or spaghetti sauce. And soaking, as in soaking up that last little bit of broth from the leftover New Year's Hoppin' John, or the always-comforting pasta fagioli (bean and pasta soup). This soft, absorbent flatbread can be cut into 1" slices (for the aforementioned mopping or soaking), or into rectangles, which can then be slit into top and bottom slices for sandwiches. However you slice it, this is just one fine, tasty bread. We like to add mild-tasting whole spelt flour for added fiber and a richer color, but use entirely all-purpose if you desire.
Starter
1 cup (3 1/2 ounces) whole spelt flour
1/2 cup (4 ounces) cool water
pinch of instant yeast

Dough
3 tablespoons (1 1/4 ounces) olive oil
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (5 ounces) cool water
2 cups (8 1/2 ounces) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
2 tablespoons (5/8 ounce) Baker's Special Dry Milk
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon (1/4 ounce) Pizza Dough Flavor (optional, but delicious)
2 teaspoons instant yeast

Topping
seasoned salt, dried herbs, and/or cracked black pepper

To make the starter: Stir together the spelt, water, and yeast in a medium-sized bowl. Cover the bowl, and let it rest at cool room temperature for 14 to 16 hours, until it's expanded and bubbly.

To make the dough: Combine the starter and the remaining dough ingredients, and mix and knead-by hand, mixer, or bread machine-to make a smooth, soft dough. Allow the dough to rise for 1 hour, or until it's quite puffy.

Heavily oil an 18" x 13" half-sheet pan (or similar-sized pan); or two 9" x 13" pans; I like to splash 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil into the bottom of the pan. Gently deflate the dough, and stretch it out on the pan, stretching it as far as possible to cover the bottom of the pan. It'll shrink back; that's OK. Turn the bread over in the pan, so its top is thoroughly coated with oil. Walk away from it, and 20 minutes later stretch it out again. You probably won't get it to cover the entire bottom of the pan; don't stress about it. Cover the pan with a proof cover, if you have one. If not, cover it with heavily greased (olive-oiled) plastic wrap, draping it lightly over the dough. Allow the flatbread to rise for about 90 minutes, until it's nice and puffy. Drizzle it heavily with olive oil, enough that it pools in places. Sprinkle with dried herbs, or with seasoned salt and freshly ground pepper.

Preheat the oven to 400°F. Bake the flatbread for 20 to 25 minutes, until it's golden brown. Remove it from the oven, and use a giant spatula, or a regular spatula with some help from your other hand, to remove it from the baking sheet. Return the flatbread to the oven, laying it directly on the oven rack. Turn the oven off, and leave the oven door open. Allow the flatbread to cool in the cooling oven; this will help preserve its crunchy crust. Serve warm, or at room temperature. Yield: Depends on what you're doing with it. Enough for six large sandwiches, or plenty for 6 to 8 people to mop and soak.

Chocolate Loves Vanilla Bread from King Arthur's Flour

To make this a truly Mardi Gras loaf, be sure to hide a plastic baby somewhere inside before you bake it. Whoever gets the baby is dubbed king or queen of the party-and is on the hook for hosting the next party!

Dough
1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup (8 ounces) milk
1 large egg
4 tablespoons (2 ounces) unsalted butter
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup (1 7/8 ounces) sugar
1 vanilla bean(1340)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
3 3/4 cups (15 3/4 ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast

Topping
3 tablespoons (1 3/8 ounces) sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons water

Place the chocolate chips in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the chips are coarsely chopped, and covered with a coating of ground chocolate. Set the mixture aside.

To prepare the dough: Combine all of the ingredients except the chopped chocolate, and mix and knead them-by hand, mixer, or bread machine-until you have a soft, smooth dough. Allow the dough to rise, covered, for 1 to 2 hours, or until it's puffy and nearly doubled in bulk. Lightly grease a 9-inch round cake pan. Even better-lightly grease the pan, then add a 9-inch parchment round, and grease the parchment. Between chocolate melting form inside, and the sugar topping (which runs down the sides of the bread into the bottom of the pan), this bread tends to stick to the pan.

Gently deflate the dough, and knead the chips into it. Shape the dough into a flat ball, and place it in the prepared pan, flattening to reach the edges of the pan. Cover the pan with a proof cover or lightly greased plastic wrap, and allow the dough to rise for 1 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours, or till its center just crests over the height of the pan. While the bread is rising, preheat the oven to 350°F.

Combine the sugar, vanilla, and water, stirring until the sugar is suspended in the liquid, even if it hasn't melted. Drizzle this mixture over the top of the risen bread. Bake it for 20 minutes, tent it lightly with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning, and bake for an additional 30 to 35 minutes, or until it's a deep golden brown and the internal temperature registers 190°F. Remove it from the oven, and after 5 minutes, run a table knife around the edge of the pan, working it under the bottom a bit to loosen the bread as much as possible. Carefully turn it out of the pan and transfer it to a rack to cool. Cool the bread completely before cutting it. Yield: 16 servings.

Link With Picture

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter