Bounceback for 2018

Thanks! Well, we are pretty stuck on the Contemporary. We all love it there. I booked something as a placeholder on the advice of the cast member and so that I would not miss out on the BB discount, but it's not what we wanted.

Should I keep calling?
Since the offer just came out and very few people would have booked a reservation with this discount then it would be less likely that the room you want would be available with this discount any time soon. They may release more rooms for this discount later, especially considering it is such a long discount period. You may want to call back occasionally to see if they added your resort to the BB offer. But you should also look for other discounts, such as a general public discount, just in case. :)

I asked that exact question and the CM’s reply was that it’s also likely that the FD BB affected the number of rooms available. I find it very odd that one week into the BB and not one room is available at the Contemporary in any combination of dates (not even one day) until the end of the month... other than a 1 bedroom suite which is way out of our budget range.

Thanks! Well, we are pretty stuck on the Contemporary. We all love it there. I booked something as a placeholder on the advice of the cast member and so that I would not miss out on the BB discount, but it's not what we wanted.

Should I keep calling?

We are in the same boat! We booked a free dining BB offer in October for a stay December 2018. We really wanted the Contemporary, but the only rooms available were the 1 bedroom villas. I've called several times since to see if anything has opened up and nothing so far. :( Surprising, as it is still over a year away!

Good luck to you!

Interesting that the Contemporary is showing no availability at all in December. What dates are you guys trying to book? Wonder if it just a particular day that is the problem. Did either of you ask about split stays or have them check day by day?

We tried from Dec. 7 up to the 20th. We don't want to be there for Christmas so the 20th onward was not an option. We tried one day up to 9 days. Nothing available. I am so frustrated, and quite frankly, very disenchanted by Disney lately.
I too mentioned that it was well over a year in advance and I found it difficult to believe that the entire amount of discounted rooms at this resort were booked. Of course, rack rate rooms are available and that was the reply that I received. I know it's not the CM's fault, but I didn't call the BB number to be offered rack rates!

We tried from Dec. 7 up to the 20th. We don't want to be there for Christmas so the 20th onward was not an option. We tried one day up to 9 days. Nothing available. I am so frustrated, and quite frankly, very disenchanted by Disney lately.
I too mentioned that it was well over a year in advance and I found it difficult to believe that the entire amount of discounted rooms at this resort were booked. Of course, rack rate rooms are available and that was the reply that I received. I know it's not the CM's fault, but I didn't call the BB number to be offered rack rates!

Totally understand your frustration. I can't believe the prices the resorts are charging now & how many people seem to be booking at rack rate. And as long as they are booking at those rates, they'll keep pulling back the discounts. I guess the economy must be better than I thought.

Totally understand your frustration. I can't believe the prices the resorts are charging now & how many people seem to be booking at rack rate. And as long as they are booking at those rates, they'll keep pulling back the discounts. I guess the economy must be better than I thought.
Agreed! Or Disney is playing the inventory game. It’s Christmas time so I guess it will fill up either way so why give us a break?!!

I “settled” for a Garden view at the GF. Any thoughts on that Resort at Christmas? Was our third choice

People are willing to pay Rack Rate so Disney is offering less and less BB dates. I wonder if it's only time before BB becomes a thing of the past? :(

Interesting that the Contemporary is showing no availability at all in December. What dates are you guys trying to book? Wonder if it just a particular day that is the problem. Did either of you ask about split stays or have them check day by day?

We tried for any dates available within December 15th through the 22nd- nothing except 1 bedroom and club level. I was thinking that maybe the guests that went in September booked their Free Dining Bounceback then leaving nothing for October guests. We usually go and book our bounceback in September so we have never run into this. The addition of the dog debacle may have had guests booking the Contemporary as Yacht Club and Contemporary's price points are pretty close. Just a guess...
I'm still hoping that something will open up.

I am also curious if Disney reduced their Free Dining inventory since they changed their free dining bounceback dates this year. It makes me slightly hopeful that they will offer the free dining bounceback in December to those guests that are staying on a free dining bounceback offer from last fall.

Hi! So I called today to book a room only BB for next December and much to my disappointment, the room that we wanted and the ONLY room that we wanted is not available on the B.B.

I was advised to keep calling back as it may open up. This is 14 months away! Is this common? Or is there a possibility that the room that we want was never available? Strangely, I tried calling back later and the next cast member that answered the phone pretty much dashed all my hopes for getting this room and said that even if someone cancels, it will go into regular inventory, not B.B. inventory.

Is this true in your experience? What are the chances that the room may become available under the BB and how often should I check?

Thanks!
My experience with booking a bounce back this year is that rooms were simply not included in the BB promotion. I called to book a FD BB during the first few days in September for late December (I think arriving the last possible day for the FD BB or the days before). I inquired about WL. ONLY Club Level SUITES ($$$$$$) were available for FD BB. Since the dates had just opened for booking (they open 499 days before), I don't think this was the case of the FD BB room allotment being full. Disney just knows they can fill these rooms either rack rate or with a much lesser discount - no sense offering them as a BB 490 days before. BTW, all rooms were available online without a discount.

like you, I was encouraged to book something else and then call to see if there was availability later on. I think this was just the CM trying to make my experience feel better, so when I took the survey, I would feel he was helpful.

Last edited:
We tried for any dates available within December 15th through the 22nd- nothing except 1 bedroom and club level. I was thinking that maybe the guests that went in September booked their Free Dining Bounceback then leaving nothing for October guests. We usually go and book our bounceback in September so we have never run into this. The addition of the dog debacle may have had guests booking the Contemporary as Yacht Club and Contemporary's price points are pretty close. Just a guess...
I'm still hoping that something will open up.

I am also curious if Disney reduced their Free Dining inventory since they changed their free dining bounceback dates this year. It makes me slightly hopeful that they will offer the free dining bounceback in December to those guests that are staying on a free dining bounceback offer from last fall.
Nope, guests in early September (right after the dates became available for booking - 499 days prior) didn't have anything but CL Suites available as BB FD options at certain resorts. They just didn't include all the rooms in the FD BB promo.

Nope, guests in early September (right after the dates became available for booking - 499 days prior) didn't have anything but CL Suites available as BB FD options at certain resorts. They just didn't include all the rooms in the FD BB promo.

So sad :(

Is the current BB offer only the 30% off deluxe? No FD? We want Deluxe so that is fine but wondering if that is all. We head to the world in 2 days!

Hi! So I called today to book a room only BB for next December and much to my disappointment, the room that we wanted and the ONLY room that we wanted is not available on the B.B.

I was advised to keep calling back as it may open up. This is 14 months away! Is this common? Or is there a possibility that the room that we want was never available? Strangely, I tried calling back later and the next cast member that answered the phone pretty much dashed all my hopes for getting this room and said that even if someone cancels, it will go into regular inventory, not B.B. inventory.

Is this true in your experience? What are the chances that the room may become available under the BB and how often should I check?

Thanks!

This is very typical. We leave in 2 days for a trip that we booked on a BB last year and we wanted club level theme park view but they only had club level and this was over 15 months in advance. I have called 3 times a week since booking and a TPV never opened up.

Hi everyone

Traveling to WDW May 30th to June 3rd, adult only trip. I was wondering if anyone remembers what this years BB during that time frame. I looking to return with the kids in October.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!