Boston to Orlando November air fair prices...pays to book early...

toddinboston

Mouseketeer
I booked our air fair for our mid November trip back in late May...$260 pp non-stop on JB...needed an afternoon flight to accommodate the kids school day...

current prices for mid afternoon non stop flights from Kayak are $400+...almost feels like I won the lottery...:teacher:

Going near the end of Oct from BOS. We paid $335 R/T on JB the day they opened up the schedule. Those tickets are now $605!!! Paid to get them, or should I say saved to get them early :) I have the JB Plus card so I get free bags, the card has more then paid for it self.

Last edited:
I agree that booking early is a good strategy; however, I just booked my tickets today to fly from Dulles to Orlando. Roundtrip for four is $640 on SW. That is by far the cheapest I have seen in weeks, and that's checking several times a day everyday. I'm glad I waited.

ETA - This is for mid-October flights.

I booked through Delta back around February for our late October trip and was able to get 5 roundtrip tickets (both non-stop) out of Boston for $1100! They haven't been close to that price since I bought them and the same tickets are currently $2430:scared:. We are going down for a wedding and those prices made it possible for the trip :) I'm still shocked at the price I was able to get!

I booked our air fair for our mid November trip back in late May...$260 pp non-stop on JB...needed an afternoon flight to accommodate the kids school day...

current prices for mid afternoon non stop flights from Kayak are $400+...almost feels like I won the lottery...:teacher:

If you're happy, it's a bargin.

I'm always looking the am of release date for SWA bookings. Have flown into MCO 4 times in last 7 months. Only for my upcoming October travel dates have the rates not dropped, substantially afterwards.

My theory is the flights are now being priced higher initially to challenge the market, followed by corrections.

We have a flight that departs from PIT to MCO on the Saturday after Thanksgiving on SWA. Let's just say we bought high in July as a splurge as it was a bonus trip.

The price dropped a week ago for our first substantial credit, with a slightly better flight time.

Yesterday, caught it to point where i likely have enough of a credit to pay for a RT flight for our next travel dates in April, 2018 & moved flight up to optimum departure time in lieu of the original late flight arrival

Today, same flight had increased 60%. Crazy to think it can fluctuate so quickly.

I check the flight prices up to time we leave when flying SWA, especially when using rewards.

Agreed. I was randomly looking for flight times for our Marathon trip in February to also accommodate my kid's school schedules and found 5 RT tickets on Delta out of BOS for $997!!! Needless to say I jumped on that one.

our flight is now $500 pp...geesh...only hiccup since my OP is JB changed the flight time leaving Boston from 2:30pm to 1:30pm...unfortunately this time didn't work so I had to switch to the 4:30 flight...not the end of the world but we'll probably be arriving to the hotel around 8:30PM...late dinner and the kids lose out on some pool time...

If we're lucky...
We may be on that same flight (1351), as the 1:30 one wasn't even offered when I booked our trip.
I noticed the other day, though, our already selected seats were no longer selected, it said they
had to be selected at the airport. Hope this doesn't mean they're going to change this one, too.

Yup, booking early does work. We got $105 one way non-stop out of Manchester, NH on SW for our mid November trip.
I got 133 each way out of Manchester for APR-18. Love the non-stop and Manchester is so much easier than Logan.

I got 133 each way out of Manchester for APR-18. Love the non-stop and Manchester is so much easier than Logan.

Good job on the $133 in April. Yes, Manchester is a wonderful little airport. I only wish SW would bring back one or two more non-stops to Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter