BOOKing It To Pandora - a June '17 TR *NEW 7/7 Pandora Photo Tour*

Ok, this helps a bit! I've also heard that some people who usually have trouble with motion simulators don't mind it because it's synced really perfectly to the video so it doesn't confuse your brain. I usually have a problem with simulators, and there is even a moment in Soarin' that gets me a little bit when you feel like you're moving faster at the end of the Great Wall scene, but I figure I can always just close my eyes if I have to. I don't want to miss out if I can manage to ride at least once. :)

This is - without question, my favorite ride in the parks. Not because it's new, but I think if you wanted to show someone what Disney World was all about in one ride - this is it. From the themed land, to the queue, to the incredible ride itself - its the holy grail of what WDW represents.

beautiful pics and thanks for the tips for how to get both in EMH =)

No problem!

Your pictures of HEA are stunning!
I love your Avatar ears really cute.
Great review can't wait till November to experience Pandora in person.

Your pictures of HEA are stunning!
I love your Avatar ears really cute.
Great review can't wait till November to experience Pandora in person.

Thank you! I can't wait to head back. We actually weren't planning on doing AK at all on our September trip - but we have to, for Pandora.

The One Where...We Satu'li and Trade Wind

We were definitely ahead of our schedule at this point - after spending some time wandering and taking pictures, we arrived around 8:30 (that's right, a mere hour and a half after park opening) we were on our way to Satu'li Canteen for breakfast. It was pretty deserted.

First, let me say I was stupid excited to try Satu'li. You wouldn't know it by my dining reviews, but I do try and eat healthy, whole foods when not on vacation. I was so excited by many of the offerings here! To have an inventive, healthy menu at a counter service location, I hope, means great things for the future!

Originally, I wanted to order: Vegetable Goat Cheese Frittata - with wood-fired herb-crusted beef and chimichurri $9.99.

However, Lisa wanted the same thing - and you can't order the same thing when you're doing a dining review...so I changed it up and ordered the French Toast instead.

As I was waiting for my food, Lisa yelled out "Sorry Jess!" because she changed up her order after she realized the beef was served medium rare to rare. Lisa! It was too late and she didn't want French toast, so...I got this.
585F14DE-39A0-453E-BDBB-B20199B095E2_zpsrffdkjhx.jpg

Cinnamon French Toast - blueberry cheesecake dollop, passion fruit anglaise and sausage $7.99

This was still really yummy though! Normally I'm not a sweets person for breakfast, but I would order this again. It was made from thick, eggy bread with a cinnamon swirl. My only gripe, was that it needed something else - more sauces! The bread on its own wasn't flavorful enough and there wasn't enough sauce to go around with every bite. In combination though - it as all perfection. I normally put butter on my French toast at home, but they didn't have any. They do have maple syrup in little containers. It was just what this needed, and just like a kid, I dipped my sausage in the syrup.

Lisa ended up with this...

DSC_0651_zps8lprmxbk.jpg

Slow-roasted Pork Shoulder Potato Hash - with chorizo sausage and natural jus $9.99

This dish was the clear winner (although I am a savory breakfast person). It was zesty, flavorful, well seasoned. Just yes yes yes to this! I believe this is a similar hash to what is served at lunch, but not the same - but it's so good!

We ended up sitting outside because the temps were still nice, but there was also ample indoor seating.

DSC_0647_zpscnhgou6m.jpg

Overall, I wish there were other ways to incorporate breakfast here into my trip! I look forward to returning in the future, and cannot WAIT to try lunch or dinner!

After breakfast, and with the park now open to the general public, we decided to make our way to...
DSC_0646_zpsjv6xfoc3.jpg

There was actually a line to get IN to the gift shop!
DSC_0655_zpszyxb2zyd.jpg

There was a tank top I had been trying to buy through the ShopParks app before arriving, but due to 'limited availability' it kept cancelling my order after I placed it. I apologize, because I didn't get pictures of much merchandise here, but I was able to find the tank top I was looking for...

03534AA6-267C-47C9-83EE-58C364FE24BE_zps4ywhed7j.jpg

I thought this was very subtle in its design and has a super cute open back. I wish it would have worked out to order from the app, so I could have had it in time to wear with my ears, but there is always next time. I have to appreciate that they held inventory for those who are actually in the parks vs. those of us ordering online.

As a side note - I plan to use this feature for upcoming trips. Beginning two days prior to your arrival, you can order anything from the Shop Parks app and have it delivered directly to your resort (no shipping fee) in time for your arrival. I think this is super convenient, since I always order a few shirts for each trip. Now, instead of packing with me I can have them waiting for me.

Back to Windtraders, I was able to get the opening day annual pass merchandise, which I was both shocked and very excited by. I was able to get the t-shirt, lanyard and the magic band. I was most excited about the magic band because its my favorite color - teal! While they did have the opening date printed on them, if it's within the first week - it still counts, right?

While we were in the store - the very last banshee was sold. There were a lot of sad sad faces.

I am a HUGE fan of themed gift shops (Memento Mori, Tower of Terror gift shop) and spend way more money at them because I know I can't get the items anywhere else. I thought this place was AWESOME and the unique toys you can get for kids make it worth a stop.

Up Next: Pandora Photo Tour

I love the look of that Dole Whip float in the pirate skull mug! So cool!

Definitely one of my favorite souvenirs of the trip - I understand why they made them plastic but I hope they make a glass version to buy!

Your breakfast looks yummy.
I love the shirt you picked out. I'm the same way always order a couple shirts each trip. I love that they will deliver to your resort 2 days out.

585F14DE-39A0-453E-BDBB-B20199B095E2_zpsrffdkjhx.jpg

Cinnamon French Toast - blueberry cheesecake dollop, passion fruit anglaise and sausage $7.99

DSC_0651_zps8lprmxbk.jpg

Slow-roasted Pork Shoulder Potato Hash - with chorizo sausage and natural jus $9.99

These both look really good! But I can see what you mean about the lack of sauce on the french toast. I love breakfast. <3

Overall, I wish there were other ways to incorporate breakfast here into my trip! I look forward to returning in the future, and cannot WAIT to try lunch or dinner!

I'm really excited to try eating here! Thanks so much for the review! I've heard they have good options for dietary restrictions, so that's important to me. Looks like a winner!

As a side note - I plan to use this feature for upcoming trips. Beginning two days prior to your arrival, you can order anything from the Shop Parks app and have it delivered directly to your resort (no shipping fee) in time for your arrival. I think this is super convenient, since I always order a few shirts for each trip. Now, instead of packing with me I can have them waiting for me.

No way! I didn't realize this was a thing. That's a really great feature.

No way! I didn't realize this was a thing. That's a really great feature.

Yes! I wasn't able to get the Avatar tank, but did get a really cute Beatles tank (presumably from somewhere in Epcot?) that said Let It Be, Let It Be, Let It Be on it. I loved it and had I known about it before - I would have taken greater advantage of it.

The One Where...We Photo Tour Pandora

I couldn't believe how quickly we got through everything in Pandora! I know it was broken up into a few posts, and I didn't post all of the pictures I had, so I now present - without commentary or interruption - a photo tour of Pandora.

BC433937-8B58-496B-ADC1-04899CD8CE10_zps2ethd0ns.jpg

C31741E5-533A-4DE2-BAE8-13F3FC28E8DA_zpsccsay5fo.jpg

DSC_0531_zpsmmwirasr.jpg

DSC_0532_zpssutihamy.jpg

DSC_0537_zpsdt8vcppr.jpg

DSC_0593_zpspgy2qkab.jpg

DSC_0592_zpses1n0szq.jpg

DSC_0594_zpsubvh4im9.jpg

DSC_0595_zpslh39q0hj.jpg

DSC_0597_zpsrbnhlsaz.jpg

DSC_0626_zpszkjtcc8y.jpg

DSC_0618_zpsyrmnmhlj.jpg

DSC_0627_zpsyuqgza3b.jpg

DSC_0628_zps4pau5xon.jpg

DSC_0635_zpsyt5n13sd.jpg

DSC_0639_zpsaumvxerm.jpg

DSC_0640_zpsepck1lqy.jpg

DSC_0645_zpsdhhnbvoz.jpg

DSC_0652_zpspabiherl.jpg

07570C58-B413-4D27-9AA3-19AF23905FD1_zpsoi9vaqym.jpg

74D6D836-83FA-4BF9-B130-08D499B7A67C_zpsw1lecmt3.jpg

CC5A2E61-F8D2-4033-BECC-5B2DD68AF2D3_zpsb3wn8oop.jpg

I'll do a separate one for Pandora at night!

WOAH those photos are amazing!Wish I were there now. It is amazing how they make the flora look so natural and blend it into the plants and rocks that (appear to) actually be natural.

The One Where...There's a Festival of Hot Mac & Cheese

I arrived to Magic Kingdom and made it through security without incident.

I strolled up to the fancy Annual Pass ticket line...where it quickly became apparent this line was about twice as long as all the other lines. So I moved into a normal line and was inside in no time.

9D1A515F-5E31-4B22-9F56-99B77AC12FAA_zps0ud1wtfh.jpg

It was nice to see that the train station construction was finished since my last trip. There's something less than magical than arriving to the Magic Kingdom, with the train station covered up with scaffolding.

DSC_0011-EDIT_zpsotyz0dho.jpg

I made my way through the entrance, around the corner, and at last there it was - the beautiful castle.

DSC_0013_zpsns38cenb.jpg

I was beyond hangry at this point. The only thing I'd had to eat all day were a few Bloody Mary cheese curds. I had planned to go to Friar's Nook to try out some of the gourmet mac & cheese pairings.

In my head, I was picturing the location of Friar's Nook where Sleepy Hollow actually is. No worries - the My Disney Experience app got me pointed in the right direction!

Prior to leaving, I had seen Buffalo Mac & Cheese & Pot Roast Mac & Cheese on the online menus. When I arrived, I realized neither of those options were available, so I went with what they did have...

DSC_0017_zpss43xp5p4.jpg

Barbecue Chicken Macaroni & Cheese $10.49

If you're following along with my dining review - you already know my thoughts on this. I really wanted to love it, but this just wasn't good.

The mac & cheese part was regular Stouffer's - so not particularly great, but not horrible either.

The barbecue sauce had good flavor, but the chicken was normal chicken - it didn't have any smoky or grilled flavor like what you'd expect at say, Flame Tree.

Worst of all, was that cabbage on top - which was plain, raw cabbage. I was hopeful it would have had a coleslaw type dressing on it, so combined with the barbecue chicken, it would be like a classic barbecue sandwich. It just wasn't the case.

I don't think matters were helped by the fact it was approaching 90 degrees - and piping hot Mac & Cheese just was never going to be a good choice.

I really wish I would have gone to Pecos Bills, Sleepy Hollow or Tortuga Tavern.

At $10.49 for the entrée - this also wasn't a great value on the Quick Service Dining Plan at all.

At any rate, it was food and I was starving. I headed off to my next destination - to scope out a great spot for the parade.

If you're reading my other trip report, you know I was really excited to try my new camera out and get great pictures of the parade on my March trip. I got there early, scoped out a great spot just behind a group who was going to remain seated throughout the parade, only to get edged out by there adults at the very last minute.

I was determined not to allow that to happen this time, so at 2:00, an hour before the parade started, I took my place on Main Street. There wasn't a whole lot to do since I was by myself, so I spent some time catching up on Instagram and stalking the Pandora wait times. Flight of Passage was only 180 minutes :-)scared1:) but compared to what it was opening day, this news was actually encouraging.

To help pass the time waiting for parades, there were three high school marching bands. There were some parents and grandparents on the left side of me. They were beaming with pride and even got a little teary eyed. It was a nice moment to see - they were so proud, as they should be. What an accomplishment for their kids!

I liked this color guard the best - they had Mickey hats!

DSC_0029_zpsemejnmc2.jpg

And I liked these uniforms the best...they reminded me of the flying monkeys in Wizard of Oz for some reason...

DSC_0033_zpsiuicym6o.jpg

And these guys had BY FAR the most festive hats!

DSC_0043_zps4toerqv3.jpg

Congrats to all who got to participate - what an awesome experience. And glad the force was with them having to wear those hot band uniforms while they marched in 90+ degree weather!

Finally, at long last - it was time for the parade! Would my pictures turn out? Well...let's see!

DSC_0049_zps0qiqpwet.jpg

Up first was Beauty & the Beast, my favorite Disney animated film, and now my favorite live-action film as well.

DSC_0072-Edit_zpsrbyrbab8.jpg

DSC_0072_zpsyd91s6ub.jpg

DSC_0073_zps1tv22ejr.jpg

DSC_0077_zps3swvxhjq.jpg

They brought along their friends Prince Charming and Cinderella

DSC_0080-Edit_zpsdqkfiw7a.jpg

DSC_0085_zpsgyd2tsiu.jpg

I positively love all of the little details on all of the floats - but this one, I think, might be my favorite.

I did manage to get this nice picture of Anna, but missed Elsa.

DSC_0086-EDIT_zpsuuciibr5.jpg

Next up...Tangled!

DSC_0090-EDIT_zpscfvgzacf.jpg

DSC_0094-EDIT_zpsgoqwcpo3.jpg

DSC_0106-EDIT_zpszxlz3nbw.jpg

I love how detailed even Rapunzel's hair is!

DSC_0110_zpsuwctp3os.jpg

The Little Mermaid is the first Disney animated feature I remember watching as a kid. This parade captures the beauty and the colors of the film perfectly.

DSC_0117-EDIT_zpszwj5q9xm.jpg

DSC_0119-EDIT_zpssu6garrp.jpg

DSC_0124_zpsp0burvmt.jpg

DSC_0138-EDIT_zpsblwitnq6.jpg

The Peter Pan float is always amazing, featuring the Lost Boys, Peter Pan & Wendy, Captain Hook and Tinker Bell.

DSC_0158_zpsbnd5er58.jpg

DSC_0160-EDIT_zpspqpuqtt0.jpg

DSC_0166_zpsrhui5ard.jpg

DSC_0175_zpseyxz1tbs.jpg

DSC_0178-EDIT_zpstfxpv395.jpg

DSC_0180-EDIT_zpszst0zqrs.jpg

DSC_0183-EDIT_zpszm7enso5.jpg

DSC_0188-EDIT_zpsr4qfvxir.jpg

So far, the parade was off to a great start! And the sun, who had been struggling all afternoon to come out from behind the clouds, finally managed to peak out just a little.

Following here! Wow, what beautiful pictures! Really enjoying your trip report!

This was my Christmas present - Nikon D3400. I highly recommend as an entry level DSLR. It makes picture taking so so so easy!

This camera took amazing pictures, I just bought the new canon rebel SL2 that came out last week, will be brining it to Disney next month (but i'm not great when it comes to camera settings, I usually leave it on auto & hope for the best. I always have a problem with dark/indoor rides and fireworks pictures as I never know what to change the settings to) :o

Glad you made it to the bus stop before the downpour. Loved the dole whip skull float - i'll check to see if they still have it when we are there late August. Looking forward to reading more :-)

I realized I never responded to this after seeing your photo tour—probably because I knew I was going to see Pandora soon and I didn't want to dwell on photos too much so it would still feel like a bit of a surprise—but your photo tour is awesome! You took some great shots. We didn't get to eat at Satuli canteen on our past trip, but I'd like to next time to try it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter