Booking for Christmas

sarahb74

Mouseketeer
When can you book for Christmas? I’m looking for Christmas 2020 probably from around 20 December to 4 January. I want to start looking at budget so I was looking for prices on the Disney site for this year but can’t get any dates beyond 31 December. I’m used to booking in April for August of the following year, seems very late to be booking in April for that same Christmas so how do you do it? Lots of room types are sold out for this December, would I have to book the first part of the holiday and add on the rest later?

When I booked our Christmas trip for November/December 2014, I booked it in April 2013. I think that's the time they usually release the rooms and offers. If that's still the case, then you can book around April 2019 for a 2020 Christmas holiday.

When I booked our Christmas trip for November/December 2014, I booked it in April 2013. I think that's the time they usually release the rooms and offers. If that's still the case, then you can book around April 2019 for a 2020 Christmas holiday.
That’s what I was assuming but I can’t book beyond 31 December 2018 at the moment, I will want to book December in to January.

We went just from mid December 2017 into January 2018 and booked it April 2016 when they released the 2017 dates but we had to do it over the phone with Disney U.K. as only they could book the dates we wanted after Dec 31st.

We went just from mid December 2017 into January 2018 and booked it April 2016 when they released the 2017 dates but we had to do it over the phone with Disney U.K. as only they could book the dates we wanted after Dec 31st.

Do you mind me asking roughly how much you paid for your trip? We’re hoping to go dec/Jan 2019 ( 3adults &1 12yr old) alongside my daughter her husband and toddler. We’d prefer not to drive do probably stay either onsite or near Disney Springs Thanks for any guidance

Do you mind me asking roughly how much you paid for your trip? We’re hoping to go dec/Jan 2019 ( 3adults &1 12yr old) alongside my daughter her husband and toddler. We’d prefer not to drive do probably stay either onsite or near Disney Springs Thanks for any guidance

Ok so we are 4 adults (kids are 21 and 19) we stayed at The Yacht Club, we had 21 day Ultimate tickets and we paid for the regular Disney Dining plan and that lot came to a little under £13k. We got our flights by using VS air miles so other than spending mo day our only other expense was the hire car.

If you’ve never done WDW during Xmas and NYE it takes a great deal of planning so if you have any questions just PM me

Thanks Disneynutinlondon. I love the Yacht Club and it would be the perfect location for Christmas and all that Epcot has to offer.
Did you find it easy to book your virgin flights via air miles? I have week over 100000 and my eldest son and husband also have some but I never seem to get “free” flights and usually end up using the miles to upgrade. If we could do flights with miles that’s be great!!

Thanks Disneynutinlondon. I love the Yacht Club and it would be the perfect location for Christmas and all that Epcot has to offer.
Did you find it easy to book your virgin flights via air miles? I have week over 100000 and my eldest son and husband also have some but I never seem to get “free” flights and usually end up using the miles to upgrade. If we could do flights with miles that’s be great!!

Getting direct VS reward flights to Orlando over the Xmas period is impossible. We went via JFK which was fairly easy as there are multiple flight LHR - JFK daily and then we just got internal flights down to Orlando. My sister and her family, who came with us, went out via JFK but came back via Washington so as long as you’re flexible getting the international flight is really quite easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!