• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking a Standard View Grand Villa?

jkips

Mouseketeer
Has anyone had any luck booking a standard view grand villa using Aulani DVC points? Every single day is booked. What is the right strategy to get a highly sought after DVC reservation?

There are only 2 standard view grand villas. Even owners booking at 11 months would have a tough time getting, especially at peak times!

I know this is pulling up an old Thread, but I was looking mostly out of curiosity and there has been zero availability over the last few weeks. I’m wondering if they’ve pulled them out of inventory.

I know this is pulling up an old Thread, but I was looking mostly out of curiosity and there has been zero availability over the last few weeks. I’m wondering if they’ve pulled them out of inventory.
When are you looking for?

11 months plus 7 days - I was checking just before you could book and you’d assume the 7th day would be available. Sort of reminds me of when the Value room inventory was removed in December.

I periodically check and will look at all dates and not once have I ever seen a single day available for a standard view grand villa. So I think it’s very possible that they were pulled out of inventory like you suggest. The only possibility - and this is pure speculation - is that people bought points with those specific villas locked in. I’ve seen 2ndary point listings with specific dates for villas locked in every year.

I checked the DVC website and its strange that it shows completely booked for every day in March, April, May, June 2021. Jkips you may be right, they may have taken them out of inventory.

Interesting discussion. I'm wondering if they can take them out of inventory for that long a period though. IIRC, there are only 3 Standard view GV's at Aulani.

I’ve have been looking since last summer (2019) in hopes of trying to plan an extended family trip there and have yet to have ever seen even 1 day of availability.

Interesting discussion. I'm wondering if they can take them out of inventory for that long a period though. IIRC, there are only 3 Standard view GV's at Aulani.
There are only 2 now. Used to be 3 but the bottom floor GV is now Ulu Cafe. Also two 2br units were taken out of service. That is how DVC got the 8 hotel rooms in inventory to use.

If you can book an OVGV, do it. They are fabulous!!
Agree! We've had one on 5 separate visits, with #6 being planned. We always request a high floor and actually rejected one assignment because it was low and we couldn't see past the trees.

I’ve kept an eye and out and still couldn’t find a single day pop up for the standard Grand Villa.

I called and asked DVC about it. The cast member I talked with for a while tried to find the answer to my question about them ever actually being available to rent but couldn’t find the right person to talk to. My impression at this point is they are not but I don’t know what DVC would be doing with them otherwise.

I called and asked DVC about it. The cast member I talked with for a while tried to find the answer to my question about them ever actually being available to rent but couldn’t find the right person to talk to. My impression at this point is they are not but I don’t know what DVC would be doing with them otherwise.
The villas are due for a refurb this year. It's likely that the GV and many other units are, in fact, offline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter