Please remove

I called the resort and booked a spa appointment for myself and a makeover for my daughter before arrival. I was also able to book an appointment for DH after arrival at the resort.

The online form works well. They will then e-mail you to confirm and with additional questions if needed.

I used the online form at https://www.disneyaulani.com/spa-fitness/spa-request to book a couples massage for DH and myself when we went in May.

The spa is heavenly and the massage was amazing. :)
Did you think it was worth it to do the couples vs. individual? Any details on the type of massage, whether you were actually together or on separate sides of the room and might as well be apart? (I saw a negative review somewhere)

My husband and I had a couples massage at Aulani on our honeymoon and enjoyed it and plan on getting another one the next time we go. You are next to each other and I think it is the same price as two separate massages so we liked staying together.

You're in the same room and the tables are maybe 5 ft apart. The nice part about doing it together is that we both got done at the same time so no waiting around for the other person.

We also enjoyed spending some time relaxing in the hydrotherapy garden. It was really lovely out there.

We also did a couples massage and as mentioned, you're in the same room on tables next to each other. Our massage therapists came to the co-ed relaxation room together to guide as back to the treatment room, and they left us alone for a few minutes to get undressed and on the tables. I agree that I also think it's about the same price as individual massages, so it was worth doing a couples one for us. We also loved the hydrotherapy gardens. The only thing I'll say is that the around here, the couples massages come with a private couples suite which has a jacuzzi you can enjoy before or after the massage as a couple. This was not offered at Aulani, likely because of the hydrotherapy gardens. But there was no private hot tub/jacuzzi a couple can enjoy.

I called the spa directly and booked a couple's massage for us. FYI, if you are a DVC member you are able to get a free upgrade from the Lomilomi to the Signature Lomilomi.

If you reserve ahead of time, you still pay once the service is completed, right? So I could pay with Disney gift cards once we finish our massage?

If you reserve ahead of time, you still pay once the service is completed, right? So I could pay with Disney gift cards once we finish our massage?

Yes, that's correct. Our final total after the service also included an automatic 20% gratuity.

Thanks for all the feedback on couples massages, we're going to do that.
Do people typically do the hydrotherapy garden before they arrive? That seems like a relaxing thing to do after.

I'm emailing back and forth with the spa, I had hoped to book a spa morning, but the kids club doesn't take drop offs until 9:30 so they are trying to schedule us for 11, which is not morning to me. Seems like we could do a 10:00 massage then have time to relax around before lunch. Otherwise I'd rather just lose the afternoon.

Thanks for all the feedback on couples massages, we're going to do that.
Do people typically do the hydrotherapy garden before they arrive? That seems like a relaxing thing to do after.

I'm emailing back and forth with the spa, I had hoped to book a spa morning, but the kids club doesn't take drop offs until 9:30 so they are trying to schedule us for 11, which is not morning to me. Seems like we could do a 10:00 massage then have time to relax around before lunch. Otherwise I'd rather just lose the afternoon.

The appointment confirmation advised to arrive one hour early to use the hydrotherapy gardens. I think this is what most people do. They walked us back to the locker rooms so we could lock up our stuff and put bathing suits/robes on, then DH and I met up in the hydrotherapy gardens which are co-ed. When we were done, we went back into our respective locker rooms to change out of our wet bathing suits and then we met back up in the co-ed relaxation room before our appointment time which is where the massage therapists picked us up. I think they want you relaxed and in the mood to enjoy your massage before they begin. Our massage was at 10am, so we got there around 9am and the spa was pretty quiet. The locker room and hydrotherapy gardens were busier when we were done with our service around 11am. So at that point, we just showered off and threw on clothes to leave. It actually worked out well, because by that time, we had the entire afternoon to enjoy the resort. However, you do have the option to use the gardens afterward if you want to.

I agree with you that 10am is the optimal time for a service. The other time I was debating was in the evening after dinner, around 6 or 7pm. I believe the spa is open until 8pm. Since there is a lack of evening entertainment and activities at the resort, I thought this would be good to do one night. But we went with the morning instead because I hate clock watching and having to be somewhere at a certain time. Also, I highly recommend taking advantage of the locker room facilities such as shower, body wash, lotion, etc. The locker room and showers are beautiful and the lotion/body washes smell amazing! DH loved his too!

I know they advise you to arrive an hour before your appointment, but could arrive earlier? Let's say get a 11 o clock appointment, but arrive at 9?

Yes, I think you could. It's my understanding that if you have a spa appointment that day, its almost as if you have a day pass to the spa amenities. I think you can even leave and come back later if you wanted. So I don't think there are any restrictions as to how early or late or how long you can enjoy the gardens the locker room.

All that said, we thought an hour was plenty of time to enjoy the hydrotherapy gardens. It was essentially just the showers, where you stand under different massaging shower heads, two jacuzzis - one hot with jets, one just warm with no jets, and the cold plunge pool. There were also lounge chairs, and there was a sauna and steam room. We were ready to move on after an hour or so.

The appointment confirmation advised to arrive one hour early to use the hydrotherapy gardens. I think this is what most people do. They walked us back to the locker rooms so we could lock up our stuff and put bathing suits/robes on, then DH and I met up in the hydrotherapy gardens which are co-ed. When we were done, we went back into our respective locker rooms to change out of our wet bathing suits and then we met back up in the co-ed relaxation room before our appointment time which is where the massage therapists picked us up. I think they want you relaxed and in the mood to enjoy your massage before they begin. Our massage was at 10am, so we got there around 9am and the spa was pretty quiet. The locker room and hydrotherapy gardens were busier when we were done with our service around 11am. So at that point, we just showered off and threw on clothes to leave. It actually worked out well, because by that time, we had the entire afternoon to enjoy the resort. However, you do have the option to use the gardens afterward if you want to.

I agree with you that 10am is the optimal time for a service. The other time I was debating was in the evening after dinner, around 6 or 7pm. I believe the spa is open until 8pm. Since there is a lack of evening entertainment and activities at the resort, I thought this would be good to do one night. But we went with the morning instead because I hate clock watching and having to be somewhere at a certain time. Also, I highly recommend taking advantage of the locker room facilities such as shower, body wash, lotion, etc. The locker room and showers are beautiful and the lotion/body washes smell amazing! DH loved his too!

Thanks. We're morning people normally so I'd rather have breakfast and go right to the spa for a few hours then have the afternoon free. Waiting until 11 to start seems like clock watching to me too, your schedule sounds ideal. I think I'm mostly annoyed that Aunties doesn't really effectively open until 9:30 even though they say 8am. That's typical of all the "included" child care facilities we run into, they publish longer hours than we can actually use so we end up starting late and rushing to pickup and its just not as relaxing as it should be. (An issue we had on our last cruise when we used the thermal spa.)

Since there's no lunch option at the spa, I'm thinking maybe we have a big brunch that morning then spa at 11, or just do a 1:00 appointment and have plenty of time in the late afternoon. I suspect it gets more crowded after because of the Aunties hours and other parents are in the same boat as me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter