Booked Feb 2015 AKL-Jambo

lakohls

How Long Until Our Next Disney Trip?
Hurray - just booked our next trip!:cool1::yay::banana:

We have always stayed at Kidani & really enjoyed it. This trip we decided to try Jambo.... but I am a little nervous about being the 2nd bus stop with our son in a wheelchair... but for the other 3 kids having Mara right there, playground, and the chance to try the Jambo pool area helped steer us that way.

Plus, we invited my parents along & were able to secure a value studio for 4 nights for them (great points usage) and still have enough for our 6 night stay in a 2 br savannah view - and I still have about 35 more available (banked Dec 2013 year into Dec 2014 year).

Hoping we can get the units reasonably close to each other? Any suggestions?

Also hoping 5th floor is not too high for good views of the animals?

Although I loved the separate jacuzzi & oversized shower in master at Kidani, we never actually used the jacuzzi... so I don't think that will bother us.

Any feedback?

We are also trying Universal Studios at the end of the trip for a few days to experience all things Harry Potter - planning to stay on-site there as well. But need to figure out when they will start taking reservations.

Thankfully we paid off our DVC in December as well as my minivan as I think this is going to be a pricey vacation!

If parents have a value studio, the only way you will be able to get close to each other is to ask for both sets of the rooms to be close to lobby (and tell them why you made the request). Just be aware that even if you get that request, you won't be real close to each other and the savanna view rooms closest to the lobby do not have the best savanna views at Jambo, i.e., you may want to rethink that "being close" strategy. We like the rooms somewhat away from the lobby along Zebra Trail (right side of the building) with Arusha Savanna view and those can be requested.

Fifth floor view is fine. We personally like either low (for dirct sight line) or high (for more panoramic view) and thus at Kidani we don't bother to make a floor level request and just accept what we get.

The 2BR at Jambo in comparison to Kidani will likely feel somewhat of a disappointment. Jambo 1BRs and 2BRs are about 100 sq ft smaller than Kidani, you don't have the extra bathroom, the master bath is actually separated from the bedroom by a hallway you can see from the living room, the tub in the masdter bath (unless you get a handicap accessible room), has a high stepover to get into it, the shower and tub are together, and the closet and drawer space is more limited than Kidani. Still a nice room but not so much so if you are used to Kidani 1 or 2BRs (studios are about the same size and for those I prefer Jambo).

As to bus stop, it is usually not an issue although sometimes you can get crowded during early morning rush.

Thank you so much for the feedback. Losing the 3rd bath is not an issue - we almost never used it at Kidani. Although I would like to be closer to parents, not a big deal. Girls are old enough to trot down the hall to visit alone & we can see lots of each other during the trip. And DH really wants a good savannah view this trip. I will probably not be thrilled by the separation of the master BR & bath... But it will be nice to try Jambo and then we will know for the future. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter