Book Recommendations for Disney Fans

MagicallyMom

Mouseketeer
I was wondering what my fellow reading and Disney Fans liked to read? Especially if anything feels disneyish. I don't get to go to Florida while pregnant (zika) and will wait until baby is over a year old to go, so I'm vacation sick.

TIA.

John Carter and the Gods of Hollywood. It's about the making, marketing and ultimate box office failure of the movie. I'm a movie guy and found the information understandable and informative. It gave me a brand new appreciation for the movie.

It's YA, and a lot of bits are dreadfully inaccurate to what actually happens at the parks, but Dream Factory by Brad Barkley and Heather Hepler is one of my all time favorite "feel-good" type of books. It's perfect in all its cheesiness.

Lunar Chronicles! Also YA but has Disney stories re-imagined.

I really need a film adaptation but at the same time I don't want the studio to screw it up

I would LOVE the film version. It would be great. Starwars effects meets Disney on film would be wonderful. But I agree, there is so much room for error.

Many of the Star Wars Expanded Universe books are really good. My favorite were the Han Solo series (Paradise Snare, Hutt Gambit, Rebel Dawn).

I just found Realityland by David Koenig at my library the other day. I'm a couple of chapters in, and it's pretty good. I've heard some of the bits and pieces, but so far, it's a great look at the creation of WDW.

Another vote for Kingdom Keepers, and not Disney related but a fun read that's getting a movie adaptation Ready Player One.

I just started Kingdom Keepers and I'm having a lot of fun.

I'd also recommend DisneyWar. Behind the scenes corporate skullduggery during the Eisner era. It's been a fascinating read

Can anyone recommend a good book on Walts life and creating Disney? I'd like to know the real history of the parks and his legacy.

Thanks

Another vote for Kingdom Keepers, and not Disney related but a fun read that's getting a movie adaptation Ready Player One.

My son asked me to buy ready player one this afternoon. I'd never heard of it before.

My son asked me to buy ready player one this afternoon. I'd never heard of it before.
It's got lots of 80s and video gaming related pop-culture references, and was a really fun read. Most of it revolves around an advanced VR environment.

Can anyone recommend a good book on Walts life and creating Disney? I'd like to know the real history of the parks and his legacy.

I recommend "Walt Disney: The Triumph of an American Legend" by Neal Gabler. It is pretty dense, but a great read: https://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-...22378&sr=8-1-fkmr2&keywords=neil+gable+disney

Also a good read and not as scholarly is "Walt Disney: an American Original" by Bob Thomas: https://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-...rd_wg=QzrCB&psc=1&refRID=2V5H6EC6PNNFF51EZJBJ

Thanks
Walt Disney: An American Original by Bob Thomas was pretty good, though it focuses a lot more on Walt's early life and the development of the studio than the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!